PDA

View Full Version : Not Safe To Snorkel

Zero
02-13-2007, 05:35 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/10/snorkeler.shot.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
Didint know whether to post this in the hunting section, Animal ID, Accidents or Jokes. Poor guy that got shot but how do you mistake a human for a rat?
Kids dont use drugs i guess.

Matt

WarmWaterdiver
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
First, I wonder if this victim had significant facial hair which would lend some credence to the shooter's story. Second, I didnt realize nutria were as far north or west as Oregon. Here, the police chief of one of the suburban parishes (that's county for the rest of you) would organize groups of police officers armed with rifles to shine for nutria in the drainage canals at night. They would kill hundreds a night.

Sarah
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
What do you expect, the shooter was a crackhead on crack.

seasnake
02-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Big discussion about this on my local board, because around here some fisherman are not too fussy for scuba divers and also enjoy shooting seals. They remind us quite often that a neoprene covered head and a seal's head look awful similar on the surface ... :eek:

WarmWaterdiver
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
ok, no neoprene at night because a Cookie Cutter Shark may attack you, no neoprene in Canada because a nut may shoot you in the head. Neoprene is getting a bad reputation on this board.

Zero
02-14-2007, 08:42 AM
For Sale
1 wetsuit and hood
Going to buy Nuytsuit:cool:

Matt

seasnake
02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
At a provincial meeting between gov't, scallop fishermen and divers, one scallop captain made that comment that "when you're aiming and firing your rifle, a divers head looks an awful lot like a seal's head", one local diver replied: "except seals don't shoot back!" Yeh, it's like the wild west of scuba! :)

fishome25
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
they are allowed to shoot seals? not allowed to do that here.

seasnake
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeh, it is an odd thing, I agree. But I guess they are still considered pests here, by the fisherman.