PDA

View Full Version : New Scuba Pro SeaWing Nova fins

The Publisher
12-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Fins design is a flavor-of-the-month sort of thing, and one of the ultimate gimmicks in my opinion is split fins, and manufacturers apparently have to pay the character who cut a regular fin down the middle and patented it and took it to dive shows, so it is interesting to see ScubaPro incorporate the word "wing" into their shtick, but these fins do look interesting.

http://www.scubapro.com/media/1709473/seawing_nova.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOm_IujolQ

Tigerbeach
12-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Looks like more useless, overpriced crap. Spend your money on further education, instead.

acelockco
12-09-2009, 04:57 AM
what, so now we have to dive with our legs spread?

ANOTHER FAILURE!!

tedesdad
04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I bought a set and love them! Lousy for a "frog kick" but great thrust and speed with these fins. Will see how they hold up over the next few months.

The Publisher
04-27-2010, 03:08 AM
About $150 USD

acelockco
04-27-2010, 09:57 PM
I actually take back what I said. I have seen these fins and they are very well made. They look like they would work well, and other divers that I spoke with have loved them. I use the Frog Kick more often then not, so I don't know how they would work for me, but I did see that someone mentioned they were not too good for that.

chokdeekap
05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I actually take back what I said. I have seen these fins and they are very well made. They look like they would work well, and other divers that I spoke with have loved them. I use the Frog Kick more often then not, so I don't know how they would work for me, but I did see that someone mentioned they were not too good for that.

I picked a pair up in the shop and promptly put them back down again they just do not feel right …I will stick with my 5 year old Tusa split fins

The Publisher
05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Foot pocket size and comfort of wearing a fin is important as alluded to....I would guess anything made by ScubaPro will be well made and cosmetically superior.

BigBlueTech
05-16-2010, 01:17 AM
They are very expensive. They're also not appropriate for all fining types. Those of you that love jet fins will HATE these. Those of you who have just started diving will not notice.

We have had a pair in our shop for about 6 months and after letting people take them on dives we still can't sell them. Terrible fins.