PDA

View Full Version : Mares AirTrim System

cbrussell
10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Any thoughts/experience with the MAres AirTrim system as used on thier Dragon BC?How about the Mares Dragon BC? Mares BCs in general?
Thanks

The Publisher
10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
I haven't used that one, but all their gear is top quality.

acelockco
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Mares makes nice stuff, but it looks a bit gimmicky to me. Plus I can imagine parts are not as easy as a traditional BC valve that you can buy off the shelf.

greenturtle
10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm using a Mares Vector Origin and find it ok. But the one Mares item which I find not good is the 2-in-1 strobe and led torch. Got one of those and when inserting the batteries, one of the connectors got stuck and broke when it was being closed!

diverchrispy
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I know that the dive equipment manufacturers need to keep introducing new products to stay competetive.......but I don't think the air trim system is a good choice for anyone looking to advance their diving especially if you are thinking of doing some tech stuff some day. You will not find a wing out there with air trim type of bouyancy control and by the time you get to the stage where you want to take more advanced training you will have already developed muscle memory of the air trim rather than the traditional inflator.

Chrispy