PDA

View Full Version : Lanzarote dive movie in competition

Purpleturtle
09-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi folks,
I currently have one of my youtube movies entered into a competition. The films can show any aspect of holidaying (vacationing) in the Canary Islands, so I entered my scuba film from 2006.

If you like my film, you can vote for it by clicking "votar este video" under the viewing box.

http://www.citygonow.com/index.php?pagina=concursos&ver=mostrar_inscripcion&id_concurso=3&id_inscripcion=15

acelockco
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I watched your video and gave you a vote.

I really like how you started the video using Google Earth.

The Publisher
09-22-2009, 10:02 PM
I have been fiddling with Google Earth to do that very same thing, great execution!

acelockco
09-22-2009, 11:10 PM
I have seen a few others do it as well. I think it is a great idea that really shows the viewer where the video takes place.

The Publisher
09-23-2009, 01:11 AM
PurpleTurtle, did you use the regular Google Earth or Google Earth Pro?

Purpleturtle
09-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Many thanks for your vote, I might win this....

Its just regular google earth captured with Fraps. Fraps is often used for gameplay or computer tutorial capture.

The Publisher
09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I tried it yesterday and the image remains really blurry as it zooms in till eventually it catches up...yours was reasonably sharp throughout the zoom

acelockco
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
It might be due to your computer power as well as your internet connection. I would try to find the place first, zoom all the way in, let everything load and then zoom out. When you zoom back in, the images should already be loaded and should load faster. Let me know if that works.

greenturtle
09-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Many thanks for your vote, I might win this....

Its just regular google earth captured with Fraps. Fraps is often used for gameplay or computer tutorial capture.

Thanks for sharing this. Wanted to do something similar for my trip to Bohol, Philippines but didn't know how, but now am able to do that (thanks for the tip on using Fraps)

Hope you win this one. Let us know. :)

Purpleturtle
09-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I haven't messed with the google earth idea for a while, but I think I got round the blurriness thing by capturing a zoom-OUT with fraps and then reversing the shot in premiere (thus giving you a zoom-IN.) Try that.

Heres another one I did last year

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HThRTT-hXD0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HThRTT-hXD0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Publisher
09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I was thinking about reversing it....ok, thanks for the input.

greenturtle
09-25-2009, 12:32 AM
[I haven't messed with the google earth idea for a while, but I think I got round the blurriness thing by capturing a zoom-OUT with fraps and then reversing the shot in premiere (thus giving you a zoom-IN.) Try that.]

Reversing the video - now that is thinking out of the box! :)
Nice video, I like the ending credits :D

Purpleturtle
01-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi guys,
Just a quick note to let you know that my Lanzarote film WON the competition. The prize is a week long trip to Lanzarote, flights, 4 star hotel and car hire. Looks like I'll be shooting another video! Hopefully I'll find some angel sharks this time.
Thanks again to those of you who voted for my film.:D

The Publisher
01-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Nice going Neil!

acelockco
01-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi guys,
Just a quick note to let you know that my Lanzarote film WON the competition. The prize is a week long trip to Lanzarote, flights, 4 star hotel and car hire. Looks like I'll be shooting another video! Hopefully I'll find some angel sharks this time.
Thanks again to those of you who voted for my film.:D

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the great work man!!!