PDA

View Full Version : "Women Divers Hall of Fame"?!

The Publisher
09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I noticed that there is a Women Divers Hall of Fame which discriminates against males on the basis of gender, then there is the International Divers Hall of Fame that does not discriminate on the basis of gender.

Should the WDHF be forced to accept male divers, or should the International Dives Hall of Fame exclude women, or should there be a Male Dives Hall of Fame that excludes women, or should there just be only a Divers Hall of Fame that is open to all?

What are you thoughts, pro, con, don't care or where's the beer?

greenturtle
09-22-2009, 02:00 AM
What's the criteria to get into the Hall of fame? My opinion is that it should include both male and female divers and not separate.

acelockco
09-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Reverse discrimination. Unfortunately when the lawmakers make new laws, they usually don't think about all of the consequences. I believe that there should be one "Divers Hall of Fame". If they are going to have a women only version, then all women should be removed from the original hall of fame.

The same goes for the Miss America Pageant. How about schools?

lottie
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
The same goes for the Miss America Pageant. How about schools?

I can't imagine you on a catwalk in a slinky evening dress, complete with make-up. But, then again, is there something you want to tell us??? ;););););)

The Publisher
09-24-2009, 05:39 PM
This is why some guys can never do the catwalk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=03467BF44DD524FF

lottie
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh I don't know....bum wiggling, very nice.
I used to love that video....did I just say that?!..i'll get me coat :D

shinek
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Right Said Fred, that's going back a few years!

As for the women/men/anyone Hall of Fame ........ if you don't like it, set one up for yourself. There is no single authority in the diving world, so you could just set up your own Hall of Fame and put any rules you like regarding entry. Whoever you put in, there will be somebody out there who disagrees with your decision or reasoning.

The Publisher
10-07-2009, 01:18 AM
But if guy created a male only divers hall of fame, the accusations of discrimination would fly, and it would have to be named the Brokeback Banks/Shoal Scuba Hall of Fame, lol