PDA

View Full Version : "Pre-Boarding"?!

The Publisher
09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Why do they call it "pre-boarding"? If you board, it is not pre!

lottie
09-06-2009, 11:31 PM
It the time before you board - which, i'm assuming (probably wrongly) is the 'pre'

The Publisher
09-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Agreed, but airlines announce: "Now preboarding passengers with children and those in wheelchairs.:

lars2923
09-07-2009, 01:00 PM
We will now be boarding preboarding passengers with children and wheelchairs. vs. we are now boarding passengers with ...

We understand..

The Publisher
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I have a solution!:

"Priority-boarding"

lars2923
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I have a solution!:

"Priority-boarding"

How much does that cost? DoH!

acelockco
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
How much does that cost?

Exactly!! Another way to wring a few extra $$ out of us?

The Publisher
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
$10 each flight, so roundtrip, $20 for the privilege of not being the exceedingly rare passenger who can't find overhead bin space...big deal. I have never run into that.

Next they will come up with a fee for guaranteed booking with no chance of them ignoring your paid reservation.

It reminds me of UPS shipping insurance and airline baggage insurance, you pay extra money in case they fail to perform their contractual obligation.

"Yes siree new diver, this latest regulator is $450, but for an extra $50, we can guarantee that it will work as advertised!"

acelockco
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Well our government allows these unfair business practices to take place. Like I said before, what used to be "A government of the people, by the people, and for the people" has become "A government of the corporation, by the corporation and for the corporation."

The Publisher
09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
But market forces are supposed to dictate things, unless there is an unlawful anti-trust collusion. Unfortunately there is not really any multiple competitors to UPS, and therein lies the problem, consumers don't have options.

acelockco
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
But market forces are supposed to dictate things, unless there is an unlawful anti-trust collusion. Unfortunately there is not really any multiple competitors to UPS, and therein lies the problem, consumers don't have options.

Which is a monopoly, which has been against the law for a long time.

diverchrispy
09-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I just don't get you Yanks (no offense intended, just a true statement about myself).
You constantly complain about your being "over taxed" (you should have a look at the rest of the world) and "big" government.....and then, when you see that big daddy corporation is screwing you over.....you complain that the government should do something about it?????????You get what you pay for. :mad2:
Puzzled in the great white north???
Chrispy