PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit Marking

Munch
08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Anyone know if there is a way to mark neoprene without damaging it? I dive with a group who mostly have very similar gear, which can become confusing. Are there any kits, markers, paints etc around that you can use to personalise your gear? If so which work best?

The Publisher
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Trident makes this yellow liquid stuff in a bottle which sticks well to everything, that is what I use.

I will find a link for you.

Quero
08-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I use a metallic silver Sharpie on my rental gear--wetsuits and BCDs. Works like a charm. For fins, duct tape works well, or those non-slip stickers you can put on the bathtub.

Munch
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks Guys, The sharpies sound great, maybe even for a little art work!!!

greenturtle
08-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I used "Correction fluid" (those that need to press for the white liquid to come out to correct typo errors ) for my fins, BC, gloves etc. That works for me :)

lars2923
08-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Anyone know if there is a way to mark neoprene without damaging it? I dive with a group who mostly have very similar gear, which can become confusing. Are there any kits, markers, paints etc around that you can use to personalise your gear? If so which work best?

mark it with pee.. Tell everyone you pee in your wetsuit.. I'm sure they'll
want to stay away from it. They'll mark it in their own minds which one if
NOT theres... :-)

Thyere are these pens that write in all colors. I use white.. Like whilte out
for typo's.. Thats what I use..

Also there is this stuff that also dries and gives three dimentional looks
to the characters.. You sqeeze it out.. I'll find the names if my descriptions
stink..

acelockco
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
mark it with pee.. Tell everyone you pee in your wetsuit.. I'm sure they'll
want to stay away from it. They'll mark it in their own minds which one if

LMFAO!

That is too funny.

Munch
08-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Nice idea, you just might be right ha ha.

The Publisher
08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
mark it with pee.. Tell everyone you pee in your wetsuit.. I'm sure they'llwant to stay away from it. They'll mark it in their own minds which one if

Take that idea and develop it to the end, tell other divers your suit is treated and compounded with Brown 25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008BPUdQ1XA

Munch
08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Brown 25 may be a bit too advanced for my needs though I do have access to an almost limitless supply Hmmm.

Have decided to declare my infection with Jock Itch (see enclosed link) and use a Sharpie to adorn my suit with a Biohazard symbol. If I really DID have jock itch I wouldn't bother with the warning symbol..... just for laughs

http://www.qualityhealth.com/skin-care-beauty-articles/8-highly-contagious-skin-conditions

hbh2oguard
08-24-2009, 04:21 AM
paint pens from an art store hold up a little better than the silver sharpies

Munch
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Already gone with the silver sharpie..... so far so good! Thanks for the tip though

cailing0322
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
In view of the defect of traditional diving suit and the external present situation of using laminated fabric in making diving suit, this article elaborates the strong point to apply laminated fabric to the production of diving suit.

acelockco
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
In view of the defect of traditional diving suit and the external present situation of using laminated fabric in making diving suit, this article elaborates the strong point to apply laminated fabric to the production of diving suit.

Um, what the heck are you talking about?

charmimn
03-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Terrapin can repair tears, cuts, broken zippers, etc... to extend the life of your wetsuit. Repairs are priced based on labor & materials, but most cuts, tears, & open seams can be repaired at our maximum half-hour rate of $24.

acelockco
03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Terrapin can repair tears, cuts, broken zippers, etc... to extend the life of your wetsuit. Repairs are priced based on labor & materials, but most cuts, tears, & open seams can be repaired at our maximum half-hour rate of $24.

Good to know. Do they just eat your wetsuit?