PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

chokdeekap
07-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi all i am new to the forum,i am originally from the Uk but i have been living in the middle east since 1992.

The Publisher
07-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the SMN Community! How is the diving in Dubai?

chokdeekap
07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the SMN Community! How is the diving in Dubai?

it is rubbish in Dubai but we have loads of sites 1 and 1/2 hours drive away in khor fakkan and Dibba so its all good

The Publisher
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
We do have a Middle East regional section, I know I have never heard of those dive destinations, so if you ever get bored and care to write a description or trip report, I think it would be interesting to read about dive destinations we never hear of.

klyph76
07-30-2009, 07:19 PM
hi,
i'm currently in kuwait and will be on holiday in bahrain in a couple months...any word on good diving there??

lottie
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi Chokdeepkap, welcome to the boards, feel free to dive right in.
Would be interested in seeing some pics of Dubai.

Looks as though we're getting quite a good Brit ex-pat community on here (i'm originally from Oxford and now live in St Lucia)....I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that it's hotter in Dubai than over here??

chokdeekap
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Chokdeepkap, welcome to the boards, feel free to dive right in.
Would be interested in seeing some pics of Dubai.

Looks as though we're getting quite a good Brit ex-pat community on here (i'm originally from Oxford and now live in St Lucia)....I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that it's hotter in Dubai than over here??

Lottie I have posted a few photos already, and yes you are correct the Air Temp here is hotter than hell we Average around 40 – 48 degrees in the summer but the plus side is I only wear a 2mm shorty all year round, its been a long time since I wore a 7mm or dry suit thank god, the water temp can get cold in the winter roughly around 24-27 degrees but we suffer on …lol
P.S i am from notts originally

chokdeekap
07-31-2009, 06:24 PM
hi,
i'm currently in kuwait and will be on holiday in bahrain in a couple months...any word on good diving there??

To be honest I do not know anything about Bahrain there is diving available but as to what it is like I could not tell you it is probably like Dubai mostly sand with a few wrecks as it is on the same stretch of coast (the Gulf ) but I am only speculating, why not come to the UAE on holiday or Oman there is some great Diving on the east coast (Indian ocean side)

chokdeekap
07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
We do have a Middle East regional section, I know I have never heard of those dive destinations, so if you ever get bored and care to write a description or trip report, I think it would be interesting to read about dive destinations we never hear of.

I will see what I can do but I must worn you I am no word smith, I would rather post my own photos and links to the diver centers we use which are plentiful. there are
18 sites on the west coast ( Dubai side ) all wrecks the depth range from 10 meters up to 80 meters most average around 30 meter mark

there are 17 0n the east coast (khor fakkan ,Dibba) which range from 10 meters to 30 meters some wrecks, wall dives , and three islands

there are 27 ( that i know of ) in musandam which is north Oman these range from 10-30 meters in depth

sharks
rays
turtles are more or less guaranteed on every dive, whale sharks are a regular visitor to these shores but I myself have yet to see one here, they always seem to appear when I am not diving