PDA

View Full Version : Should I go diving during Jul in Phuket?

greenturtle
06-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Just leaving this post with our Thai Scuba friends "I'll be in Phuket next month with family and would like to sneak a day off to Scuba, is this a good time and where would you recommend for a day trip?"

Any good dive centre to recommend that I can take the trip with? Looking forward to diving with someone from this forum :)

Thanks!

Quero
08-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Well, I missed this, and it's already August so I can't be of any help to the OP, but for anyone else interested in a Thai dive holiday, please count on me for advice and assistance.

The Publisher
08-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice to see our resident Thailand expert! :)

greenturtle
08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks, this came a bit late though, but we had a great time in Phuket - shopping :)

The weather was unpredictable - Yahoo weather forecasted mini thunderstorms but we had 3 days of sun! Didn't book any sea faring trips due to the unpredictability. Next time then.

Cheers.

The Publisher
08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, I guess we will have to settle for a shopping report than a dive trip report, lol.

greenturtle
08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Well, I guess we will have to settle for a shopping report than a dive trip report, lol.

Ok, there's one item that i shopped which I'll like to share - the Mares Strobe light w/ LED Torch. Bought one of those and the design was just "lousy", the 2nd time i tried to close the battery cover, it got jammed and one connecting piece broke off. Ended up exchanging it for a dive bag (which requires topping up the price difference).

I like Mares products, but the battery cover was just badly designed for this one. Anyone got any experience using this?

PS : just google "Mares Strobe Light with LED Torch" if you want to take a look at the product. (not going to advertise for any vendors :) )