PDA

View Full Version : Les Escoumins, Toosday's Dive # 17

mbelair
06-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Here is the imaged summary of a wonderful weekend spent to the condos Natakam in Essipit contiguous to the village of Escoumins located on the bank of the St-Lawrence River, 600 km east of Montreal. The weather was perfect; something not to be taken for granted when visiting that area.
The visibility was, at best at 2 meters on Friday and then increased to 5 meters by Sunday. On the other hand, the waters temperature went from 3 to 4 degrees to just above the freezing point during the same interval.
During this time we could enjoy seeing walls and drop-offs covered with anemones, scarlet psoluses, and sea cucumbers.
I had not dived in this salty section of the St-Lawrence River since a few years and had a bit forgotten its incredible beauty.
We are privileged to have such a marvellous dive site located just a few hours away form our Montreal homes.
Diving conditions are not always the easiest but the rewards make the effort worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fSO_pweQcw&feature=channel_page

The Publisher
06-19-2009, 05:51 AM
There sure are a lot of interesting critters in those cold waters thanks for sharing!

mbelair
06-19-2009, 09:11 PM
There sure are a lot of interesting critters in those cold waters thanks for sharing!
You would not believe how few people know about this biodiversity, even within the regional diving population.

Bibu6666
10-23-2009, 02:44 AM
Nice vidéo! You confirmed my will to go dive there.
:)
Hugo

mbelair
10-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks Hugo

I'm sure you will appreciate your dives over there. There is a reason why a lot of divers keep on going back to face the cold waters year after year.

The Publisher
10-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks Hugo

I'm sure you will appreciate your dives over there. There is a reason why a lot of divers keep on going back to face the cold waters year after year.

Yes, it is called a drysuit and rebreather warmed breathing gas! lol :p

mbelair
10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, it is called a drysuit and breather warmed rebreather gas! lol :p
I fully accept my status as a whimp!:iagree:

Hugo on the other hand seems to by diving OC and in a wet suit. At least that is what he is wearing on is profile picture.

He gets my full moral support.:p