PDA

View Full Version : Playa del Carmen

JasonSVS
06-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Hola, from Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I'm posting this video I made as a promotion for the Riviera Maya after the outbreak of flu that scared everybody out of the country.

So, Playa del Carmen and all the peninsula of Yucatan are still feeling the riple effects of the alarmist decisions taken so rapidly.

I hope it will help you decide to come and visit us and enjoy some of the best diving in the caribbean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1tUAffHKs

Cheers

The Publisher
06-18-2009, 05:12 AM
Looks like you had a blast!

JasonSVS
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks
But why use the past??
I live and work here, in Riviera Maya. So this is my bred and butter for a simple life in the jungle, 2 steps away from the beach!
I did have fun doing/editing this video though. I work with PC for now, so not great and the only softwares I have is Pinnacle and Premiere. (not really fun to work with!)

Cheers

ps:please, subscribe to my channel: Scuba Video Service's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/ScubaVideoServices)

The Publisher
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh, I didn't know you worked/lived in that region. Lucky you!

acelockco
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Excellent, sounds like a life in paradise.

Don't knock the PC, it is just as capable as the Mac. Once you get to know the software, you should be fine. There are other software packages available for you PC as well.

Your video surely makes me think about a visit for sure!

The Publisher
06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Well, the Mac sorely lacks in a lot of areas.

As an example, if you enjoy viruses, repeatedly updating your anti-virus software, reformatting the hard drive, running disk optimization and file defragmenting programs, not being able to take your PC in for free to the Mac Genius bar and having them fix any minor OS or software settings issues or diagnosing problems for you for free, or reloading corrupted software or having to boot from a repair disk to reinstall the main OS once corrupted, you will not like the Mac at all, as you do not get to do any of that cool stuff. ;)

Both Pinnacle and Premier though are reasonably well regarded Windoze environment video editing programs.

A lot of PC pro types use Avid, but I use Final Cut Pro, which is also not perfect, but an update is about ready to come that should be better.

JasonSVS
06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the support!
I like ma PC, but as I travel a lot, it has to be a laptop...Not the fastest machine on earth came out of HP factory!!
Maybe, as we have decide to stick around for a while, will get a tower pc with good video card and lots of Ram...
But lets not get out of topic and get back to the Mayan Riviera :cool:
If you've never visited, I highly recommend it and if you already came here, well, come again!

Cheers

The Publisher
06-19-2009, 03:29 PM
The Mexico Department of Tourism always has a big booth at the larger dive trade shows.

Americans always hear about Cozumel, but not as much elsewhere.

greenturtle
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM
A lot of PC pro types use Avid, but I use Final Cut Pro, which is also not perfect, but an update is about ready to come that should be better.

I have used Pinnacles and Ulead and found the latter to be much less resource dependent. Pinnacles do have some cool effects though.

JasonSVS
06-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, the diving is Cozumel, on the reef, is a bit better than in front of Playa del Carmen. That said, staying at Cozumel is more expensive than Playa. So its worth a trip during your stay (if can't afford) then request the best that Playa has to offer and you will be amazed!
As for the cenote/caves, there are way nicer on the main land. There is more choice and there is more speleotherms (stalagtites and -mites)
It seems to be picking up recently, its day to day really.
Have you been diving here?

As for Pinnacle, I like it, but my PC being a laptop (hP), I can't edit in HD...A bit frustrating for the moment. But not much of my clients have HD TVs so it works just fine.

Cheers

:)