PDA

View Full Version : BARE Wetsuit

new_2_scuba
01-31-2007, 04:13 AM
My BARE wetsuit is less than a year old and has only about 10 dives on it but the seams are coming apart, especially at the zippers. Anyone else have this problem?

Sarah
01-31-2007, 05:50 AM
This is why buying all your dive equipment from a reputable LDS is the way to go. You take your wetsuit to the place you bought it, and THEY get the manufacturer to take care of them, then the LDs gets you a new suit in return. A mail order house is going to ignore you.

Some of the 3mm suits don't hold up at all to abrasion.

Send the suit directly to the manufacturer if you didn't buy it from a store, or go into a LDS, but a decent ticket item, then talk to the owner and see if he or she can help :)

hbh2oguard
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
or go directly to the manufacture's warehouse I can personally vouch for Body Glove. I had a three year old surf suit 3-2mm and it was falling apart, took it to the warehouse and they didn’t want to bother me by fixing it, but they offered too. Better yet, they gave me a brand new wetsuit for free, it was better than the one I had previously.

seasnake
02-19-2007, 01:56 PM
My wetsuit is coming apart at the seams too ... and it feels very tight, as if it's shrinking ... I'm sure it has nothing to do with my lust for cookies ...

Zero
02-20-2007, 08:00 AM
I think its a new neoprene thats come out in the last few years. Seems theres a lot of people in the same boat.

Matt

hbh2oguard
02-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I don't think it's the neoprene, it's the fact that most seams now seem to only be glued on the inside and stiched on the outside.

seasnake
02-22-2007, 12:49 PM
naaah ... I gotta be honest with myself ... it's the cookies ....

Sarah
02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Stop stuffing your wetsuit with cookies then!
;)

seasnake
02-23-2007, 05:33 PM
ha ha ... I got a mental picture of this guy in a bulging wetsuit with a guilty look on his face ... "cookies? No, I think we are out of cookies . . . "

santelmo
02-24-2007, 01:45 PM
My wetsuit is coming apart at the seams too ... and it feels very tight, as if it's shrinking ... I'm sure it has nothing to do with my lust for cookies ...

hahahaha! :D funny guy! :p

me-like-cookies!!! mmmmm... chocolate chip cookies.....mmmmmm

santelmo
02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
well my wetsuit got chewed by rats. now it has 3 holes. 1 at the neck, 1 at my side and 1 at the leg. i had to use that special seal you use on bicycles to patch the holes.

the rats also chewed my reg, booties, fins and snorkel...and my bag...that's what happen when you dont dive for quite some time and kept your gears in the closet to be forgotten..and also there's the issue of tidiness...harharhar :o :D

new_2_scuba
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
well my wetsuit got chewed by rats. ..and also there's the issue of tidiness...harharhar :o :D

You need to get a CAT!!

santelmo
03-05-2007, 02:58 AM
but we have dogs....lotsa dogs...harharhar :D :p ;) :)

littleleemur
03-14-2008, 02:02 AM

I'm guilty of plying fellow divers with cookies, homemade brownies and hot chocolate during SI :p esp in cold water. Maybe I should be more considerate to their pocketbooks and stop :rolleyes:

I think its a new neoprene thats come out in the last few years. Seems theres a lot of people in the same boat.

Matt

Although I seem to be a victim of my own thoughtlessness too :o

Conrad
03-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Where did you say you dive...I love hot chocolate:)

littleleemur
03-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Mostly the St Lawrence :) @ Brockville & occassionally Tobermory. U should come visit ;) ;)

Did I mention one of our charter operators has a BBQ on board? & a cooler full of ice cold beer & ice cream back at the dock?