PDA

View Full Version : Snorkelling Gear in West Midlands

jasj
05-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi there,

I'm off to the Dom Rep in November with the missus and plan to do some snorkelling off the beach and maybe an excursion or two.

Based in Shropshire, we are not well catered for regarding outlets to buy the equipment but are willing to travel into the Brimingham/Midlands area to do so.

So, can anyone please recommend a shop we can visit ?

If naming particular outlets publicly is against forum rules, please could you contact me by mail.

Cheers

Jas.

The Publisher
05-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Naming public outlets is just fine. Mail order will solve one problem, but it does not give your the opportunity to try on masks to get a good fit, which is REALLY important. A local dive store provides that service, which is worth far more than the money saved by going mail order.

jasj
05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Yep, that's the idea - don't want the holiday ruined by an ill fitting mask !

Jas.

lottie
05-23-2009, 01:54 PM
if you don't get much joy with getting the gear in the UK, but once you get out to the Dom Rep, have a shop around for snorkelling gear - At least you can try them on and they may even work out cheaper than the UK....
Sorry I can't be more help

acelockco
05-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Most resorts and every snorkeling boat will have a variety of masks and fins, and are usually included for free or a very small fee. Of course if you would rather have your own gear, look for some fins that are small enough to fit in your luggage. Buying at your destination might be a good idea, but I am not sure on the cost and selection. I kind of think you should find a dive shop near you, even if you have to take a drive to get there, that is if you are set on getting your own gear.