PDA

View Full Version : Tiger shark shot by spearfishermen

shinek
03-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Saw this on Yahoo today, thought I'd share it here. Don't know the full story, but its a shame that these guys had to kill the shark, but if they felt they were in danger, I would understand.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=12470845

The Publisher
03-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Leave it to the media to claim that a spearfisherman spent 2 hours underwater struggling with a shark.

I don't know exactly how threatening the shark was, although they did say it was becoming aggressive, but I did sense remorse on their part they had to spear it and to their credit, they did say they do not spear fish for sport, but to put food on the table.

jafo
03-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Where was the boat? Why didn't they get on the boat or go to shore? Not one of them were injured and they kept on filming? For two hours? I think this was staged for monetary gains. Just to far fetched.

The Publisher
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Jafo, those are some really good questions.

acelockco
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Where was the boat? Why didn't they get on the boat or go to shore? Not one of them were injured and they kept on filming? For two hours? I think this was staged for monetary gains. Just to far fetched.

My thoughts exactly! It sounds especially odd for spear fisherman to have remorse for killing a fish. I hear spear fishermen on the dive boats all of the time talking about the big fish and sharks they have killed.

Oh, of course they each took a bite out of the shark once they had it back on the boat. All I know is that someone that had a fear for their life from a shark in that situation, would surely shoot it, but they would also exit the water faster then they ever had in the past. They surely wouldn't remain in the water for two more hours! Remaining in the water shows that they were never in fear of the shark, and therefore they did not shoot to defend themselves and are full of crap.

dappydiver
03-16-2009, 11:54 PM

One of them said "they were handing gear up to the boat when they heard something". Therefore the boat must have been close, certainly close enough for them to get out. Also one of them said that the shark swam away and then came back.

All seems a little fishy to me (excuse the pun).:confused:

acelockco
03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
One of them said "they were handing gear up to the boat when they heard something". Therefore the boat must have been close, certainly close enough for them to get out. Also one of them said that the shark swam away and then came back.

All seems a little fishy to me (excuse the pun).:confused:

Because it is!

The Publisher
03-21-2009, 02:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO4xCUd_FPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8mpYhbJsmk&feature=related

acelockco
03-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Proof that they are full of BS is right in their video. The shark did not charge or attack, NOT ONCE! They are just shark killers and did it for sport and are using that crap to attempt to look like some type of hero. Maybe one of them needs to have an accident with their spear gun so they really know how it feels.