PDA

View Full Version : hello and questions for members

mattkinz
03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi, My name is Matt and I live in FL near Pensacola. Main interests include spearing, wrecks, fossils and photo/vieoography.

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fold out LCD display of a Sony video camera and use as a "remote" for the back window of a DIY video housing I made and am modifying.

Also, anyone who knows circuitry, I have a fixer upper Tyger Ray scooter that needs a new reed switch, How can I figure the appropriate switch to buy to replace? The Company went out of business and nobody is available to ask , and the switch has no identifiable marks visible.

I am also interested in DIY video lights. I will scan forum for info. Thanks,

I'm glad to join this community of divers. MK

Dsix36
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi, My name is Matt and I live in FL near Pensacola. Main interests include spearing, wrecks, fossils and photo/vieoography.

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fold out LCD display of a Sony video camera and use as a "remote" for the back window of a DIY video housing I made and am modifying.

Also, anyone who knows circuitry, I have a fixer upper Tyger Ray scooter that needs a new reed switch, How can I figure the appropriate switch to buy to replace? The Company went out of business and nobody is available to ask , and the switch has no identifiable marks visible.

I am also interested in DIY video lights. I will scan forum for info. Thanks,

I'm glad to join this community of divers. MK

I recently needed parts for a tyger ray also. I can't find the link anymore, but you should be able to do an internet search and find a place to get some NOS parts.

Dsix36
03-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Here is the link.

UNIFIED MARINE (http://www.unifiedmarine.com/index.html)

Contact them to see if they still have any parts let. Good Luck.

mattkinz
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
THANKS DSIX36, i emailed them weeks ago, no rtesponse. MK

lars2923
03-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Hello Matt,
We're on the same page as far as removing the display. I was wondering
the same thing so I may move it closer to the window of my Gates housing
where I view my Sony display. Sure would make things easier when it comes
to seeing the screen...

Cheers,
Lars