PDA

View Full Version : Just Came Back from The Utila Aggressor!

eawagner
01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
:) Just wanted to give the Utila Aggressor my stamp of approval. The service was outstanding, the boat was perfect, and every member of the crew could not have been more accommodating.
We went from January 3- 10th and loved every minute. The diving conditions were nearly perfect AND we saw several WHALE SHARKS!!!!
We loved the food, the atmosphere, the island, and again the crew!
Our only mistake was in not booking directly through the aggressor.
My advice go directly through the aggressor! (I was not aware that this was an option and foolishly booked with US Dive Travel- John Hessler) He used typical sales pressure tactics to try to get me to give money right away and also lied saying there were only 2 spots left, and that HE was the exclusive booking agent for the trip. He didn't even help us reserve airfare... but he did get his cut of nearly $1000.... save yourself money and A LOT of inconvenience by booking directly through the aggressor. Any questions about the trip or what to pack... e-mail me. I could not write enough positive things on this one post. It was the most amazing trip we have ever taken and we will probably be going back next year!

The Publisher
01-15-2009, 04:30 PM
One of these days I am going to get some footage of some whale sharks.

What was the visibility like? What areas did the Aggressor visit, and what were your favorites? Any photos?

eawagner
01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Vis was great at almost every site. 150 ft sometimes! I don't take photos so I can't help you there.
Utila has unbelievable reefs, and an abundance of sea life. Every dive was exciting. But ultimately the crew made the trip. They were so helpful and knew the area well. They will help you find whatever you want to photograph!
Another great thing about Utila is that it is pretty remote. So you'll never be at a dive site with a bunch of other boats nearby. In fact, we hardly saw anyone for the entire trip. But at the same time, it wasn't too much of a hassle to get out to Utila because the Aggressor arranges the charter flight and makes transfers/ travel flawless!