PDA

View Full Version : World Record Attempt For Charity Longest dive

rsilva708
12-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Hello All,

I would like to introduce everyone to my World Record Attempt that is being done as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I will be taking the plunge into the water not to surface until I beat the current 120 Hour world record for longest Freshwater scuba dive. You can find out more about the event at the site in my signature. There are also links on the site if you wish to make a donation to the American Cancer Society.

I have also been sponsored by Our World Under Water so if you plan to go to the show stop by my booth and say Hi.

Robert

h2odragon1
12-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I figure you'll need at least 100 support personell. 2 hours dive time each with topside support for the tanks, food, medical standby, and just plain logistical support.
You will need to have 'rest' periods where you will be able to get some shut-eye, and your support personell will have to be able to determine your alertness and orientation. Even if you are 'resting' and not swimming around, you will need to exercise to keep in a resonable amount of shape for this endevour.
Dry suit is a must, and your diet should be low residue, for what a pee-valve will not be able to cover.
Good luck!!

rsilva708
12-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the input. These have been considered, and process are being put into place to cover them. It wont be easy, but with proper planning, I think it can be done.

The Publisher
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I think I would want a full face mask so I could fall asleep over a 120 hour period.

What are the logistics? Do you come up ever, sleep, eat, aside from no solids, lol.

rsilva708
12-20-2008, 04:22 AM
The rules from Guinness state that I can't not come up for any reason. I will be using a full face mask, and be on a liquid diet for the duration. So eat sleep and everything else underwater for the whole time.