PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan videos

deepdive
12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Here are some underwater videos from off the coast of Baluchistan (Pakistan). The dive season seems late this year, as the underwater visibility is really not what it should be for this time of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LfPPLgcbDg&feature=channel
Almost a hand to camera contest with cuttlefish, at Astola Island, 25kms off the coast of Balochstan (near Pasni), Pakistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeHCXbhyaA&feature=channel
Nice bed of soft corals just off the hammerhead in Gwadar.

acelockco
12-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Sweet!

Sign me up for a few dives.

deepdive
12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks.

Pakistan coast is virtually un-explored, and is rich with marine life. Lots of things to be discovered out there.

http://darwin.defra.gov.uk/newsletter/DARWIN_NEWS_12_text.pdf

The diving season is from Nov to Feb. With the best visibility in Dec/Jan. If you are really interested, then get a group together and we will give it a shot next year.

In the meanwhile I have more exploring to do

:-)

The Publisher
12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice videos...the dueling cuttlefish was really fascinating to watch.

randeleden
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi
We are moving to Pakistan next year and will be based in Islamabad. Do you live in Pakistan? Do you know if there's dive clubs or dive groups in Islamabad?

Regards
Randel
randeleden@yahoo.co.uk

Jon Shaw
09-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Never would have thought about diving in Pakistan!

Thanks for posting

Jon

The Publisher
09-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Randel,

Pakistan?! Is that an embassy sort of thing? How will you tear yourself away from the Pinas?!

Quero
09-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Hey deepdiver! As I told you when you were here diving with me in Thailand, I'll be in Pakistan next month. But unfortunately, it will be just an in-and-out trip, I think, with no time for diving. Anyway, I hope we can meet up while I'm there! Will your dive-buddy brothers be around?

deepdive
09-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Hey deepdiver! As I told you when you were here diving with me in Thailand, I'll be in Pakistan next month. But unfortunately, it will be just an in-and-out trip, I think, with no time for diving. Anyway, I hope we can meet up while I'm there! Will your dive-buddy brothers be around?

Hey Quero! One of my brothers lives in NYC a brother and a sister in Sydney, AU. We all dive and a sibling get-together is our ala bi for diving ;-)

Let me know when you are coming down here (I am out of town a lot) may be some diving can be arranged.

deepdive
09-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Never would have thought about diving in Pakistan!

Thanks for posting

Jon

There is lots of good diving here Nov-Feb. Lots of fish that feed off the plankton blooms of the Arabian Sea during the summer. The food chain goes right up to the big marine mammals. And due to primitive local fishing techniques, most of the region is un-spoiled and pristine. However that may change in the coming years.

Hopefully, this year I will get a chance to make a whole documentary on one of our marine regions. That should carry a lot of information to the outside world.

Jon Shaw
09-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Look forward to it, I reckon you could do a good doco on it as people just wouldn't believe what you would find there!

The Publisher
09-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Agreed Jon, who would have thought you could go diving in Pakistan!

A buddy of mine who is member here and is in the Philippines who will be moving to Pakistan and enjoys shooting underwater videos. He will be pleased he can do more than just go sand diving.

Quero
09-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I was your instructor on Phuket! I'll be in Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi from about Oct 5 to 19. No plans to dive though :-(

deepdive
09-19-2009, 06:30 AM
I was your instructor on Phuket! I'll be in Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi from about Oct 5 to 19. No plans to dive though :-(

Dah! really sorry about that, it was your "Queero" name that got me confused....

Ahmar will be here Oct 16-20th. I, myself, am not sure if I will be in town in Oct.

Quero
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
it was your "Queero" name that got me confused....

Ah... But see, you've got too many "e"s in there. And it's pronounced "care-o". It's Portuguese language, and it's the common name of an elegant shore bird from South America (the bird is actually called a "quero-quero" but that's even more of a mouthful). Here're a couple of images. There are other things to say about this bird's name, but this is probably more than you really want to know already!