PDA

View Full Version : New Web site for West Pacific Diving Video's

Peteguam
12-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I've read the posts on where to put your videos and have tried both Youtube and Vimeo, but the download limitations sometime are a real pain. I finally got smart and developed my own site so I have complete control over what I put on, lengths, quality, etc. Plus I can have a little fun on it!

The costs are pretty low. Roughly $90 a year for the hosting, and since I'm retired the labor and developing the website content costs are sweat equity.

Since I travel around the region quite a bit I wanted to have a site where I could show our "Diver Below" series and other video's without it costing anyone a dime, and also to cover each island more extensively. Although it's only been up for a couple of weeks now after looking at the "stats" on it 2,200 have watched some of the segments so that's pretty gratifying.

Take a look and feedback is really appreciated. http://www.avpguam.com/index.htm
Pete

The Publisher
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Pete, that was the longest I have ever looked at a video website..really good storytelling and editing, I am impressed....and am taking notes! lol