PDA

View Full Version : HILARIOUS. Saturation Divers sing on BBC radio!

Groupie59
11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Dear All

Some friends of mine phoned up Chirs Evans from the chamber in the North Sea. He found the helium voices funny enough but wasn't content until they sung him the whole of "Delilah" by Tom Jones.

The first clip is the interview, the second is further down the page is Delilah as you've never heard it before.

Listen and Laugh.
Tony

http://www.deep-sea-diving.com/info2.cfm?info_id=67689

lottie
11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey Groupie59, firstly welcome to the boards.
Being a newbie to diving, I have never come across the term of 'sat' diver before, but now after going to the link, I now know!
The singing was hilarious! Many thanks for posting up the link!
:D:D:D

Groupie59
11-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey Groupie59, firstly welcome to the boards.
Being a newbie to diving, I have never come across the term of 'sat' diver before, but now after going to the link, I now know!
The singing was hilarious! Many thanks for posting up the link!
:D:D:D

Lottie

I wonder what Tom Jones would make of it?
Saturation. Not the most fun diving in the world because it's always working. I've done years of it, literally. As part of writing the book, I got out my log books and worked out the hours in chambers and in the water. It was something like 2 and a half years in the chambers and 6 and half months actually on the bottom, I mean wet!

That didn't include all air, mixed gas and tech diving that I'd done. It sort of depressed me a bit.

Good clip though wasn't it?

Tony

shinek
11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Brilliant, absolutely histerical!

As an ex-pat Brit, I miss some of the humour and this was just perfect! I'll look out for the CD to be released!

Thanks for posting it and welcome aboard.

Groupie59
11-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Brilliant, absolutely histerical!

As an ex-pat Brit, I miss some of the humour and this was just perfect! I'll look out for the CD to be released!

Thanks for posting it and welcome aboard.

Shinek

Thanks for the welcome. You won't get any sympathy on the ex-pat bit. Not when it's freezing and blowing a hoolie here, and your 'Stuck in Dallas!'

I'm only jealous. Better get back to writing the book, it takes my mind off the weather.

Tony

shinek
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Can't argue with you there.

Some things I miss about the UK:
Beer
Pubs
Humour
obviously, friends and family (have to say that, in case they read this ;) )

Things I don't miss:
Weather
Cost of living
Weather
Traffic (used to live in London!)
Weather

Cheers

acelockco
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Listen and Laugh.
Tony

Wow, I could barely make out what he was saying, but what I could make out was really cool.

lottie
11-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Things I don't miss:
Weather
Cost of living
Weather
Traffic (used to live in London!)
Weather

Cheers

That sounds about right and totally agree.
It would be nice to experience snow - just when its been newly laid and it's not turned to slush, but can't see that happening over here :eek:

Groupie59
11-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow, I could barely make out what he was saying, but what I could make out was really cool.

My mate Mac had his very first Sat dive recently. He phoned home from the chambers and his misses hung up on him so he tried again and she kept saying. "I've phoned the police, I've phoned the police!"
He said to her when he got out, "who the hell did you think it was, a bunch of perverted chipmunks?"

When I phone home, especially if its deep, say over 180 mts, then the misses can't understand me but my lad who's only 10 has no problem at all.

Weird.

Tony

http://www.deep-sea-diving.com

lottie
11-29-2008, 09:26 PM
[SIZE="4"] then the misses can't understand me but my lad who's only 10 has no problem at all.

Maybe thats just a childhood thing, one of those things you grow out of once you hit 18... ;)