PDA

View Full Version : PADI Instructor Recommendations

Joe_Cool
11-16-2008, 05:14 AM
I will be on vacation in Manila from Jan. 14 to Mar. 2. I already have a dive plan in place but I am also entertaining the idea of working on my DM certificate instead of doing several dive trips. Any recommendations on a good PADI shop in Manila that offers the PADI DM course and employs a known or highly recommended instructor? I already have my PADI AOW Cert with around 35 dives under my belt. I am also open to working part-time with the dive shop in exchange for a good discount on the DM course . I prefer a dive shop in Manila because I have a place to stay there. However, I will also consider Anilao, PG, Dumaguete, or Cebu or other areas as long as the accommodation issue can be worked out or affordable.

Phil

rubber chicken
11-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Joe,
I cannot comment on dive operations/instructors in Manila but I can point out that you will need to do the Rescue Diver course before you can do DM.

HTH

Joe_Cool
11-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Joe,
I cannot comment on dive operations/instructors in Manila but I can point out that you will need to do the Rescue Diver course before you can do DM.

HTH

Yes, you are correct. I do know that I need to take the EFR/Rescue course before I proceed to DM.

Phil

TravellinThru
11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Joe,
When you say Manila, do you mean the city of Manila or Metro Manila the province? I live in Makati City in Metro Manila. It is very near the city Manila. The reason I ask is that traffic can be very bad and transportation can take a long time.

I have about the same experience you have, 37 dives, here in the Philippines. My instructor is named Jonje Bolos. Here's his email: jonjebolos@scubaworld.com.ph. As you can see he is at an outfit called Scuba World here in Makati City. Jonje is an excellent teacher, and, as importantly, his english is good.

They have a pool in Makati and use a resort in Anilao for their ocean dives.

Best of luck,

Bob

Babydamulag
12-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Many options for you.....
A long weekend would be cool for you if you go to PG. If not, Pacifica Dive Center is good too. Just give them a call.
http://www.pacificadive.net/