PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Road

SciFiDiver
01-26-2007, 03:15 AM
During the research for my third novel, I became extremely interested in the underwater archaeology being done on and around the so-called Bimini Road. I'm hoping to make a trip there in the fall, but I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has seen the underwater site first-hand.

Several researchers I'm in contact with believe that in the next year or two discoveries at Bimini and Andros Island will literaly rewrite the history of the "New World" by proving that the area was inhabited by a maritime culture more than 15,000 years ago!

If you're interested in some of the remarkable work going on in the Caribbean, please visit The Mega Blog (http://www.themegablog.com).

seasnake
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I dove this site a few times last year ... I would say it is obviously man made, and makes sense to me that in the not too distant past that area was much closer to the shore and might have been mooring area for boats or had something to do with fishing. It is not that far off shore now and is very shallow.

Ron

Papa Bear
08-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Been there many times and my feeling it was a sea wall possible built by the Arrowack (SP) natives who traded with the main land. The sea has risen about 2 inches every 300 years so not hard to believe it would be about right for 1200 to 1500 years ago. Harbors are pretty common in mariners history. A hurricane could have laid the wall over during a storm. They just cored some of the stones and they are local limestone, so much for the granite story! :rolleyes: