PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a olympus stylus 1010

Strix
10-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Hey all..... I'm new to U/W photography & just got myself the Olympus Stylus 1010 with the housing....i need some help to adjust the white balance:confused::confused::confused:

Coz the photos i have taken are all relatively blue with not much color.....:D:D

Can somebody help me with the white balance on this camera??? check abit on white balance but nothing on the my camera model....:(:(

Sarah
10-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi Strix.

The Olympus Stylus 1010 does not have a listed underwater white balance setting like the Canon's do. Even with Canon's you will still have blue photos from a distance.

Page 26 of the 1010's manual shows the different white balance settings.

However the 1010 does have "Scene" modes, with some specific to underwater. They are "Underwater Wide1", "UnderwaterWide2" and "Underwater Macro". These are selected with the Mode dial under "Scene" or SCN.

Give those a try using the below 1010 manual and see if that helps.

You can view the Stylus 1010 manual here (http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/Stylus_1010_Stylus_1020_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf) .

Post a photo or two, I will go over it in Photoshop for you. :)

Strix
10-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey idivechick...thanks alot....will pass you the photos when i'm back at home...currently working now....hehe:p

Thanks will try the different settings as recommended. so i would not need to adjust the white balance to different settings & just stick to the guide stated?

Sarah
10-11-2008, 02:32 AM
I am no expert by any means, so I can only guess you set the WB for auto, then adjust the Scene mode for "underwater".

Try to set the flash to always fire, and get as close to your subject as possible.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/images/prod_assets/page_content/1361_overview.jpg

Strix
10-11-2008, 02:46 AM
okies....thx idivechick.....really appreciate the fast response...

alcina
10-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Strix - how did you go with your photos trying the different options? We want to see!