PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

Landy
09-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi everone, I have recently completed a PADI open Water course (along side my wife) with the help and guidance of some wonderful folks on Paradise Island in the Maldives. I am a retired Paramedic from Suffolk in the UK and I am looking to expand my experience within this incredible new world that has opened up. Why didn't I learn to dive years ago???:confused:

Sarah
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the SMN Community!

lottie
09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Landy, welcome to our community. Huge congrats to both you and your wife on getting your open water and embarking on this great (and expensive) hobby.
Feel free to look around and ask questions, there is a wealth of info on here.

Also, love the avatar...very funny!! :D :D

Sarah
09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey, can I grab my life by the boobs? ;)

h2odragon1
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey, can I grab my life by the boobs? ;)

I know it's a comment on Landys avatar, but do you really want to go in that direction?
You probably have had your share of grabs already. :o

codfather
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Paradise Island - that's a pretty place for your open water. One of the best diving sites in Maldives (even though the resort itself isn't all that great!)

Now perhaps you want to try the Red sea. Its closer to UK and alotta betta with improved visibility than Paradise island! Or if you want to go further afield than perhaps try live-aboard diving say in Thailand. Around this time of year, it is just incredible!