PDA

View Full Version : diving with cancer

tjack
09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't know where or how to ask this ouestion so I'll start here a friend is recovering from throat cancer and has no saliva and is under the impression that he can no longer breath compressed air and thus no longer scuba dive Iwould welcome any imformation or input thanks

Sarah
09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
I bet DAN would be a good place to check in on this. I don't know if you would need saliva really to dive, I can't see how you would.....but I am very glad your friend at least survived :)

Papa Bear
09-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I have had it twice and never stopped! He can use nitrox and moisture adder in line on his reg. I see no reason to stop living for something that tried to kill you!

seasnake
10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Was your friend told this by his doctor or is it his own concern?

Papa Bear
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
My feeling is if you are comfortable and work with whatever comes your way, then you can do if you want to enough! I was crushed a few years back and had a collapsed lung and two months later I was doing Devils Throat in Cozumel. My Doctor had to tell me not to, but I knew my own comfort level, and listened to my own body! If you let life be stolen from you, you have no one to blame but yourself! Here is the video I shot on that trip:
http://twotankedproductions.com/videoclips/stocklocationfootage.html