PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Gonedivin
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
I think it's time I said Hi.

Hi! :D

I'm one of those lunatics that dive in the cold UK waters.. Although saying that, I've only done it once so far :rolleyes: .. All my other diving has been in the Med or in the Red Sea!.. So I'm now doing my Rescue Diver course, which starts on Saturday! So looking forward to that, and diving in Wraysbury Lake for the open water section. (It was 7 deg c and 2 - 0 metres viz when I was there the other week!) :eek: Oh well, Best I find a drysuit to buy I suppose eh!:o

So anyway, if anyone wants to whisk me away from the cold and snow that's coming to dive someplace warm and toasty, I'll be there like a shot!!:D

So does anyone have tropical water at their back door??

Cheers
Symon

deeptechgnome
01-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi & welcome
Good luck with your rescue diver course I found when I done mine i got a lot out of it.
My diving is very much like yours uk diving redsea and med. Ive dived wraysbury once in december 2005 the day there was enough for me.

Sarah
01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Symon, welcome! :)

seasnake
01-25-2007, 04:47 PM
All the best with the Rescue course ... I bet you'll enjoy it. What agency are you taking it with?

Gonedivin
01-30-2007, 10:40 AM
All the best with the Rescue course ... I bet you'll enjoy it. What agency are you taking it with?

Thanks..

It's the PADI RD course. I've done 2 days of the course so far. 1 day class room and a day in the pool. We're at Wraysbury Lake on Saturday for the open water scenarios, so that should be fun.. And cold!! :eek:

The search scenarios will be pretty tough in 2-0 metres viz as well!

But if it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'! :rolleyes:

Cheers.