PDA

View Full Version : Rubies and Diamonds..

lottie
07-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, i didn't know what to put as the title for this thread, so i thought i'd make it soo subliminal that you'd have to open up and read this.

I've made a good number of friends (or i'd like to hope that they are friends) on here..so I thought it right to let you know that even though today is my birthday, I also got engaged to my boyfriend this morning.

You're wondering what rubies and diamonds have to do with it?? I have a ruby and diamond engagement ring, which looks lovely against my tanned fingers.

There's some pictures of the happy couple up on my blog here (http://www.lotties-shenanigans.com/Alder/LottiesBlog.nsf/dx/birthday-and-celebrations) and a close up of the ring.
:D:D

shinek
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Happy Birthday and congratulations!

I suspect there will be some disappointment from the assembled masses to hear that you are officially "off the market". ;) I take it this commitment is to TOH referenced in the "finished diving?" thread. I hope the plans to get him underwater are well underway.

Sarah
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh wow, you got engaged on your birthday! How awesome! Congrats!

The Publisher
07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
From a male memory of important date standpoint, or more accurately, a lack thereof, there is a certain utility to a guy proposing on a woman's birthday so that is one less thing he has to remember the date of, or, once again, more accurately, one less thing to get in trouble for forgetting, lol

lottie
07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
From a male memory of important date standpoint, or more accurately, a lack thereof, there is a certain utility to a guy proposing on a woman's birthday so that is one less thing he has to remember the date of, or, once again, more accurately, one less thing to get in trouble for forgetting, lol

True, but it's not the date of when we got engaged that he has to remember - it'll be the wedding anniversary date that he'll have to remember. Unluckily for him, we're not getting married on his birthday (which is in december!!) :)

The Publisher
07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
So pick a day that is his birthday to get married, on, lol.

lottie
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
lol...very good Mr Publisher.... We've already decided on a day, but need to sort out a few more things and still have way too many people to tell.

At least we've both agreed that it's only going to be immediate family - parents and siblings - and we're having the ceremony at my parents place.

Diverdaniel
07-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats Lottie :)
very happy for you.
what a wonderful surprise for you, expect a birthday dinner, get a marrage proposal aswell.
your Fiance has a head on his sholders.
congratulations.

greenturtle
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Congrats Lottie! All the best! Welcome to the club :)

acelockco
07-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Wheew! Congrats on the engagement!

Now, you NEED to get him to swim, otherwise how will he learn SCUBA? I mean he only has until the honeymoon to learn (that was the deal for Katie and I).

If you really do love him, then how could you not share the wonderful underwater world we know with him?

Keep us posted....

Oh, I know you said a small wedding, but you are inviting all of us....right?

lottie
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your wishes and congrats

Oh, I know you said a small wedding, but you are inviting all of us....right?

Ace - virtually yes, physically, er no....sorry. You'll get to see the pictures, but that'll be about it :D ;)

rubber chicken
08-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Lottie. (Oh! yeah, Happy birthday as well :D),

Why not teach TOH to swim, then get him to learn SCUBA, then get married underwater ?