PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum and Enjoying it!

Peteguam
06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I've always been hesitant to join photo forums as that have very few videographers contributing to them. It's refreshing to see one that really is active and sharing ideas and comments. I'm (finally) switching to HD after years of SD and it's going to take some time to adapt, but I know I'll enjoy it.

I live on Guam and travel this region frequently as the dive store I'm retired from now sponsors my trips. Actually, I just tag along and video the group and then put it on a local tv show. Love it!

I've posted some videos on Vimeo- Pete Peterson's Videos (http://vimeo.com/user539429/videos)

http://vimeo.com/1191802

Theres lots more on youtube but the quality sees so much better on vimeo I'm slowly switching them over.

Glad to be a part of this forum.

The Publisher
06-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey Pete!

I see you've been to Atlantis in Sabang. I got some great ornate ghost pipefish footage 2 months ago there on the sea fan on the middle wreck at Sabang wrecks.

I agree with you about photo forums. Most give short shrift to videographers. The photo guys with their incredible stills and subjects are responsible for inspiring me to get into video with no photo or video background other than being a salt water reef tank hobbyist.

The Vimeo embedding software is not entirely stable yet, we're working on it...but great editing on your P.G. video.

I did a stop over in Guam on my way to Yap. I hear Guam diving is good too.

But we're glad to have you on board!

Peteguam
06-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks. P.G. was pretty good but it was a short 2 day fam trip. We were there after going to Anilao.

What other destinations do you recommend for P.I.? I work with a shop (www.mdaguam.com) that has a huge travel section so as the ex owner of it I'm sort of a consultant to them. They're looking to expand in the Philippines but to be honest after Mabul and Sipidan???

The good part is it's very easy to get there and if you've got some contacts there I'll pass them on. Would it be better if we do this on regular email?
Pete

The Publisher
06-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, I just got back from Anilao and the macro was different but on par with the Lembeh Straits.

In Anilao I saw more odd critters like a dozen bobtail squid in a weeks worth of diving, then ornate and robust ghost pipefish, Coleman shrimp, cuttlefish eggs, juvenile frogfish, wonderpus, every shrimp imaginable including a Periclimenes imperator, a tiny translucent Pterois volitans juvenile lionfish about the length of a little fingernail, etc.

Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka Island north of Lembeh was awesome for both macro and wide angle. We did a review of that resort here in the Indonesia section. It is there I shot a juvenile black Platax pinnatus orange fringed batfish.

Other than those, a place I am waiting to go to is Papua New Guinea but it is quite the affair getting there.

You can always either PM me with info or you can post a public viewable message to my profile just by clicking on my user name.