PDA

View Full Version : F/S: DACOR Darwin Air Computer

dalehall
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey Folks,
I'm trying to streamline and get rid of a couple hoses.
I'm moving to a wrist computer so, I've got a DACOR Darwin Air computer with compass add-on for sale.

This is the info from the LeisurePro Site:

* Air-integrated computer tells you how many minutes of air or nitrox you have left in your tank.
* Use of high-efficiency LED visual alarms to indicate when
programmed low-air limit is reached.
* New RGBM decompression algorithm with deep stop option.
* Increased logbook capacity over standard Darwin (50 dives)
* Timer-controlled or permanent backlighting.
* Quick disconnect from HP hose allows freedom for downloading or including in your carry-on baggage, etc.
* Operates in both Nitrox and Air modes.
* Display can be set to either Imperial or Metric.

I bought this computer when I purchased the rest of my original gear. It has about 40 "real" dives on it and some pool sessions. So, there are over 50 dives logged on it. No major scratches or any defects. And, I still have the manuals that came with it.

This was NOT one of the recalled versions. This was manufactured after the recall of the Dacor and Mares computers.

It's a great beginner computer and will do everything a Recreational Diver would want, and then some. Even if you blow your profile, it knows and will allow you the Deco stops, if necessary. Believe me, I know from experience. :)

LeisurePro was selling the unit for $434.95 without the compass. Compass was a $70 option.

I'm asking $300 including the compass.

dalehall
06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Or best "reasonable" offer. Getting ready to put it on eBay.

acelockco
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Most likely your best bet. I don't know if you are aware, but Dacor is no longer in business and therefore their gear does not have much value left. The prices of dive computers have been dropping as well as newer and better technology is available. I have seen the Darwin's going for $249 NEW in the box, but that was a long while ago and I doubt there is much old stock sitting around. If you get $150 for it you should take the money and run.

dalehall
06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
I would. :)
I'm just using whatever I get from it to offset the cost of the new one.
eBay it is..
Thanks..

acelockco
06-28-2008, 03:52 AM
I hear you on that.

I am looking to get a new dive computer, but I think I can only get about $75 for my Oceanic Prodigy. :o