PDA

View Full Version : Panay Explorers Inc. Update

Babydamulag
06-15-2008, 03:48 AM
We are very proud to announce that Panay Explorers, Inc. has graduated two DIVEMASTERS and is continuing to build the dream! We learned a lot about customer support and what it takes to support such an effort on a larger scale. We have also discovered that we have a niche market. We are going to focus our efforts on our night diving. We learned some very interesting things about our dive sites while diving at night. So, the focus is changing a bit to support divers on multiple night dives. Take a look at the pictures and check out some of my wife's pictures....wow!
http://www.panayexplorers.com/IMG_0125.JPG

http://www.panayexplorers.com/photogallery/photo15368/IMG_0083.JPG

http://www.panayexplorers.com/photogallery/photo15368/IMG_0183.JPG

http://www.panayexplorers.com/photogallery/photo15368/IMG_0137.JPG

The Publisher
06-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Those are great photos, Babydamulag, keep them coming!

When you have some accommodations photos, post away.

Oh, and as you can see below, I was bored so I was fiddling with Photoshop.

hbh2oguard
06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
huh I think I'm going to have to invest in photoshop, the color change is amazing since it's no longer washed out in blue.

The Publisher
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
It is REALLY hard to get decent color rendition photos without external strobes.

You have to get REALLY close to your subject and always use force flash. Between that and being shallow when you can, if enough red gets in the photo to amplify, then it only takes me 2-3 minutes in Photoshop which isn't bad considering I generally have no idea what I am doing with the program.

I tend to take a pocket digicam down with me as I already have a huge video rig, but I am finding that my HD video screen grabs are overall better.

Pocket digicams and small housings are just SO much more easier to take down logistically than a huge DSLR with dual strobes.

Back to the main subject, I think we are privileged to be in on watching the creation of a new dive resort in an otherwise unexplored Philippines area, so it is really interesting to watch it start from the ground up, and with people involved who are properly capitalized and are well regarded and liked divers themselves.

Babydamulag
06-16-2008, 11:30 PM
We appreciate the kind words and the moral support. It is truly an honor to be blessed to have the ability to pursue a life's dream. We have have one helluva team working the challenges. Yeah, sometimes things do not go as planned but they get accomplished somehow. My wife is my rock. I can say that she is the force behind the man. She keeps me straight and my **** in one sack!! LOL We'll get there. Looks like we will not make our 2009 opening date. We are falling back to our 2010 date slowly. Kinda sounds like the AIRBUS 380 program doesn't it!?!?!? LOL We'll get there....just experiencing delays. Again, thanks for the support and keep watching for the latest developments. We do have some things scheduled in the near future.....keep checking out the website and keep posting!!! Remember - DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS ADDICTIVE!!

h2odragon1
06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
We appreciate the kind words and the moral support. It is truly an honor to be blessed to have the ability to pursue a life's dream. We have have one helluva team working the challenges. Yeah, sometimes things do not go as planned but they get accomplished somehow. My wife is my rock. I can say that she is the force behind the man. She keeps me straight and my **** in one sack!! LOL We'll get there. Looks like we will not make our 2009 opening date. We are falling back to our 2010 date slowly. Kinda sounds like the AIRBUS 380 program doesn't it!?!?!? LOL We'll get there....just experiencing delays. Again, thanks for the support and keep watching for the latest developments. We do have some things scheduled in the near future.....keep checking out the website and keep posting!!! Remember - DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS ADDICTIVE!!

BabyD;
Earlier you asked my permision to use a phrase I thought up. I see that you have changed it. Disapointed!:( My phrase is WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING.
You are free to use it!
Also dissapointed that the opening date has been moved back again. first date had been 2007, then Nov. 2008, now 2009 or 2010. I do wish you good luck in getting this going.
I know that politics can slow down any project. I have friends in Manila who know how to play that 'GAME'. these polititians don't realize there is more for them in the long run,if they let a project go forward than if they resist it for a little money now.
GOOD LUCK! :) :)

Babydamulag
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry about the quote....I sort of spaced that one out.

As for opening dates....well, the original plan was to open in 2010. We thought we might be able to make 2009.....never did I feel we could make 07. It has been a tough road but worthwhile for us. You learn to develop a true appreciation for a business owner when you undertake a challenge like this one.

BabyD;
Earlier you asked my permision to use a phrase I thought up. I see that you have changed it. Disapointed!:( My phrase is WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING.
You are free to use it!
Also dissapointed that the opening date has been moved back again. first date had been 2007, then Nov. 2008, now 2009 or 2010. I do wish you good luck in getting this going.
I know that politics can slow down any project. I have friends in Manila who know how to play that 'GAME'. these polititians don't realize there is more for them in the long run,if they let a project go forward than if they resist it for a little money now.
GOOD LUCK! :) :)

Babydamulag
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Your Instructor - 5 meter Safety Stop
http://www.panayexplorers.com/20080528_286.JPG