PDA

View Full Version : Countdown

dalehall
06-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Ok, I'm having a serious brain-fart here or something. :confused: As you can tell by below my signature, I set a countdown back a couple months ago. I was going to set up another and I can't, for the life of me, find where it's set up. :eek: Can somebody help out an old man with a failing memory? :D
Thanks,

hbh2oguard
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Well I found where the countdown is but didn't see a place to edit it but the location is:
User control panel
under left column edit options
Scroll down to bottom of page miscellaneous options
under miscellaneous options is countdown time

Hope this helps, not sure if it will:)

dalehall
06-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok thanks.. So, I'm not stupid.. The options just aren't there.. I see where it says "My Countdown", but everything under it (or what used to be under it) is gone.. Maybe something got whacked in the code somewhow..

Sarah?? Any ideas?

Thanks again..

**D**

metalguy639
06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Testing the countdown.

metalguy639
06-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Works Man!

Papa Bear
06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Not mine! I can't clear my last entry! Just a small box with no controls in it! Can't reset or put next count down in! NOT WORKING!:mad::confused::(

metalguy639
06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Not mine! I can't clear my last entry! Just a small box with no controls in it! Can't reset or put next count down in! NOT WORKING!:mad::confused::(

Did you hard refresh your browser? You can do that by clicking the refresh more than once or by clicking F5 on your keyboard.

dalehall
06-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Refreshed. Still not working. I see the same thing Papa Bear does.. Just a line that says "My Countdown" and nothing below it.

Sarah
06-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I noticed that the various user groups we have here, such as "registered members" etc. had the User Countdown Permissions set to "cannot use event countdown".

I enabled "can use the countdown timer" so every user group with the exception of the obvious ones like banned users should now be able to use it.

Let me know if it works

dalehall
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
That got it working on mine..
Thank You, Sarah..
**D**

seasnake
06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
See? And you all said I was crazy ... ;)

Sarah
06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
See? And you all said I was crazy ... ;)

Aren't we all?! :)

lottie
06-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Did you hard refresh your browser? You can do that by clicking the refresh more than once or by clicking F5 on your keyboard.

Alternatively - try pressing Ctrl-Shift-F5 (to do a more harder refresh) in the browser (suppose that also depends on which browser you're using - but try this if you're using IE). Also, trying clearing down the browser cache.

HTH

<Tongue in Cheek> Try rebooting the whole machine. That might work ;) ;) ;)</Tongue in Cheek>