PDA

View Full Version : signs that your a scuba ADDICT...

frozenwarp
05-15-2008, 06:52 AM
When you see a new cruise liner and think hmm that would look great 40m below the surface!!

You walk past a fire extingisher and wonder if u could convert it to a tank and or hmm i should be diving!!

You walk past a manky lake and still think hmm i wonder if it would be worth a dive!!

It's cold, dark and generally a stay home n watch movies in front of the heater day (drysuit is out of action) and u still are trying to arrange a dive!!

SO WHAT MAKES U KNOW YOUR AN ADDICT?

h2odragon1
05-15-2008, 03:10 PM
watching those video's of jets or anything crashing and sinking and all i can think of is WRECK DIVE!!

acelockco
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I think you know you are an addict when you find yourself eating lunch while still wearing your dry suit in hopes that someone will want to dive again; all the while you keep telling everyone "IT ISN'T SNOWING UNDERWATER!".."COME ONNNNNN"

rubber chicken
05-16-2008, 09:22 AM
When you stop the elevator on the floor below yours and wait for 5 minutes before continuing.:D

Papa Bear
05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Okay the truth and its not pretty! Toenail fungus from your feet never drying out! Oooh! :eek: :(

Air On
05-21-2008, 05:38 AM
You catch yourself exhailing when you want to go down the stairs.

You stop to watch shows about sea life hoping to catch a glimps of divers just to see what they are using.

You look forward to participating in a sport where pissing yourself is considered acceptable behavior.

You wake up from a dream about diving JUST before you are about to "warm up" your suit.

When you see a boat you think about the easiest way to get out of it with about 10lbs of lead in your pockets.

Papa Bear
05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Always exhale on the way up the stairs! ;)

h2odragon1
05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
when your dive shop knows your credit card # and your saving's account balance.:rolleyes:

lottie
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
- When you phone your dive shop, they instantly recognize your voice.

- They automatically know to calculate the price into EC$ and not in US$

- Oh and also, you hand them the correct money, before they've calculated it or ask you how much you paid before (well, maybe that's just me!)

- And, coming on here, because you can't dive at the moment, but you're going cold turkey

shinek
05-23-2008, 06:03 PM
You have the DAN hotline on speed dial in your cell phone.

When out of town overnight, on business, you pack your reg and BCD, just in case.

You forget your Mum's birthday but know exactly when the lobster season opens in any given state and several other countries.

You know by heart the NDL tables for air, 32% and 36% nitrox.

You buy the best underwater housing you can find and then start saving the money to buy the camera to put in it.

hbh2oguard
05-24-2008, 02:42 AM
You have the DAN hotline on speed dial in your cell phone.

Well that's just good safety practices. I know people that acutally have the little dive flag dan sticker on the back of their phone.

seasnake
05-26-2008, 03:00 PM
You check the tables before heading to the shower ...

Tigerbeach
05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
When you don't shower on days off from teaching 4 dives a day 5-6 days a week...

Diverdaniel
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Well that's just good safety practices. I know people that acutally have the little dive flag dan sticker on the back of their phone.

I got that one on mine.

when

Diverdaniel
09-16-2008, 12:07 PM

I got that one on mine.

when you carry your diving certs and insurance in your wallet 24/7 even if your not actually going to dive anytime soon.

when you find yourself planing deco dives, calculating EAD's and blending gasses mentally while driving to work.

when you pass by a scuba store, you put in mind of all your gear and think to yourself "what more can i buy?"

you find yourself playing with your dive puter and simulating dives you plan to do/have done.

The Publisher
09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
That is some hard core stuff! lol

greenturtle
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
When you put on your wetsuit and make sure it still fits you.

When you put the regulator in your mouth just to make sure it still "fits"

When you check your BC, clipping and unclipping the carabiners just to make sure it still clips properly

When you just put on your booties and fins to walk around the house!

blue monday
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
When you spend hours trawling the internet looking for dive videos whilst wearing you new BCD and Mask!!

blue monday
12-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Im getting excited about Diving at Carpenwray weekend after next - in this cold weather - could that be a sign of addiction to?

sacscubainstr
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
- When you provide help to the "new" employee on the register software in your favorite store... one you have never worked for!

- You can't find your keys, but the store you DON'T work for calls to ask you where something is located...

- Your number is listed on the Alarm call list when the owner is not there...

- You are called to settle a dispute between 2 divers, while you are about to undergo knee surgery...

- The Divecon/Divemaster asks you for GPS coordinates from the boat... you are not on it