PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the sub-tropical paradise of WHITLEY BAY

Rob
05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
And when I say sub-tropical, the emphasis is very, very much on the the sub!

Come to think of it, can you add 'sub-paradise' to that too?

Cold, north east england - but home non-the-less!

Hope to travel to Florida (Keys?) soonish - would appreciate reccomendations!

I've just started on the adventure that is scuba - but its been a life long ambition!

I would be please to hear from anyone who wants to get in touch!

Bye!

The Publisher
05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I recommend you come out of the cold and into the light! lol....

Welcome Rob!

acelockco
05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Hope to travel to Florida (Keys?) soonish - would appreciate reccomendations!

Florida and the Keys are a great place to dive. I would suggest that you enjoy Key West only for topside activities, the rest of the keys offer some amazing diving. There are 100's of reefs and enough wrecks to keep any diver busy for a long time. The conditions are usually very nice, and the weather is as well.

The Gulf Coast of Florida offers lots of diving in the warm Gulf waters. I have never been there, but I am told the diving is great but the boat rides are long.

Northern and Central Florida offers what many consider the worlds best cave and cavern diving. Again, I have never been there, but everyone knows Ginnie Springs and how popular it is. It's popular for a reason!

The entire East Coast of Florida offers excellent reef and wreck diving. I am very familiar with South East Florida diving, and in my opinion is one of the best deals left in diving. The Gulf Stream makes it's way closer to the shore off of Ft. Lauderdale Florida, than anywhere else along the coast. This warm tropical water brings an abundance of marine life in to the nutrient rich waters off Ft. Lauderdale. This makes for a very healthy TRIPPLE reef system loaded with fish and other marine life. There is also a very strong artificial reef program, so there are many wrecks to dive as well. Anyway, for about $55 you can get on one of the MANY dive boats for two dives, usually one wreck and one reef drift dive.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Ace

Rob
05-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks to you both!