PDA

View Full Version : New kit - twin set carrier

Jon Chitty
04-28-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.venturediving.com/images/forum-tank2go.jpg
http://www.venturediving.com/images/forum-tank2go2.jpg

Here's a really useful bit of kit for those of you with twin sets: a stainless steel carrier/trolley that allows you to carry and move your cylinders and ancillaries easily and effectively. Simply fitted by a pair of wing-nuts that hold the Tank2Go carrier to the twinning bands, so it becomes an intrinsic part of your equipment; which stays with you throughout the whole day's diving - in and out of the water.
Lots of other benefits, but go to www.venturediving.com for more information and pictures.
Safe diving:)

acelockco
04-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Neat idea, maybe they can make one with a quick disconnect so it could be removed for your dives. Remember that most divers using doubles or twins will most likely be squeezing through tight spots so underwater this thing will be a big entanglement hazard and not only useless, but maybe dangerous.

bottlefish
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
As Ace says, there's no way I'd have that extra bit of metal and entanglement hazard on my back during the dive.

To be honest, I'd be more inclined to go with a simple, fold away trolley with a couple of bungees... far cheaper, no risk or hazard durng the dive, and you can use the trolley for other things as well.

acelockco
04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
You can toss this thing in the pile with some of the other gear that has FAILED.

seasnake
04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I got a nice sturdy dolly with all terrain wheels that I use to cart my doubles around ... I don't think it was more than $50?? Probably not as compact as the one pictured but it can also lay flat on four wheels if you like and of course it is just to cart gear and won't go underwater with me ... I agree, to many hooky things on that rig to be permanantly attached to the tanks.

acelockco
04-30-2008, 04:47 PM
On the other hand, it looks nice and shiny with those custom painted cylinders.

LOL

Diverdaniel
05-05-2008, 06:03 AM
wouldnt be sen dead with it

Jon Chitty
05-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all your comments.
Our market research has shown that to many divers this will be a beneficial piece of equipment.
And as a result of your feedback we have adjusted the position of the handle. It is now in the final stages of design. Safety has always been our priority as is the enjoyment factor of diving.

The Publisher
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Here's a bigger picture....

http://www.venturediving.com/images/tank2go-on-cylinders.jpg

acelockco
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I just don't get it I guess, just put your cylinders on your back and walk to the boat. You have to do that to go diving anyway. Most charters in my area have dock carts that you can load your gear into and wheel down to the boat if you have a long haul or a lot of gear, but at least you can put everything in there. This is only good for wheeling your cylinders around.

I am so sorry that I feel this way, but I just think it is a bad idea overall. I don't think the only problem is the handle location, it is the entire idea. They came up with a similar device for single cylinders. It was a tank boot with wheels, and funny the ONLY place I have seen them is on ebay. I have never seen a diver with one, that is for sure, I have never seen them in a dive shop either. Obviously that was a failure as well, and now they are trying to pawn them off on ebay divers.

hbh2oguard
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I am so sorry that I feel this way, but I just think it is a bad idea overall. I don't think the only problem is the handle location, it is the entire idea. They came up with a similar device for single cylinders. It was a tank boot with wheels, and funny the ONLY place I have seen them is on ebay. I have never seen a diver with one, that is for sure, I have never seen them in a dive shop either. Obviously that was a failure as well, and now they are trying to pawn them off on ebay divers.

I couldn't agree more! The only this is that I would have to say is that atleast the single tank wheels wasn't a big obstruction. Here's a site where someone converted a golf cart to a single tank carrier. http://home.comcast.net/~airgunner/id17.htm
Singles aren't that bad so it seems like a waste but a lot cheaper solution that could be converted for doubles. Also sand/off road wagons were designed to transport tanks too.

amtrosie
05-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Need I say this? This is a disaster waiting to happen! Each of the wheels is entanglement hazard, not to mention the handle. Why would you add more weight to what is all ready a heavy set up? This is designed by someone who does not dive doubles very much, if at all. There is no up side to this, and a slug of down sides. There is the real safety issue of points of entanglement. You are inviting trouble with this rig.

bottlefish
05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for all your comments.
Our market research has shown that to many divers this will be a beneficial piece of equipment.

Jon, you are talking to your market right now!

As a UK based operation, you may want to advertise your new product on some of the UK based forums as well (PM me for the details if you want them), see what their respone is. However I'm reasonably sure the response will be far less polite and far more vocal!!

Sorry mate, but there are only a handful of times that wheels would even be viable... twins get carried up and down steps, across mud and stones, rocks, over transoms etc. And for those few occasions, what's the logic in adding on high grade engineered metal to your twins, when a simple foldable trolley would do just as well?

I wish you luck with it, I think you're going to need it!

acelockco
05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
And make sure you have some insanely good insurance and a great team of lawyers ready. An equipment related death is a tough one to defend.

Seriously, I hate to burst your bubble, but wouldn't you rather know now before you spend money for production and advertising? I know it sounds like a great idea, but as you can see theory and reality are not always the same. Maybe we can help you with another idea for a scuba product that we need and is safe.

Ace

hbh2oguard
05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
and here's the simple solution.... remove the bolts or what ever makes it stay on permanently and replace it with a bungie or cord.

Papa Bear
05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
wouldn't be sen dead with it

You might? :p If it is a good recovery team you might be seen again? :eek:

acelockco
05-09-2008, 01:07 AM

LOL, good one. ;)

amtrosie
05-09-2008, 02:46 PM

At least there will be some wheels to roll the corpse out on! :eek: