PDA

View Full Version : Quero (re)appears on the ScubaMag scene!

Quero
04-26-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm back to the ScuabMag site after a month away, so this isn't much really in the way of "Hi I'm New" but instead, "Honey, I'm Home"!

So I've just been sooo busy this month... I was in New York on business and ended up attending the BTS show all three days at the end of March. Part of the reason I went was that I'll be on Bonaire for a week in May teaching (yay! I get to dive a new place and I also make some money!), and I spent some time hanging out with the club I'm going to be staffing for to get to know folks a bit.

I got back to Thailand just in time for our annual Thai New Year celebration, Songkran (a 5-day "weekend"), during time which I went down to stay on Koh Lanta in Krabi province to dive Hin Daeng and check things out. Saw mantas! When I came back to Phuket there were not only students and fun divers to accommodate, but all the work that had piled up while I was away for over two weeks, as well as preparations for the next trip--another month away from the office.

Whew! Today I'm not diving, and my next client comes tomorrow afternoon, so I "get to have" a couple of days in the office, with little breaks to do things like ScubaMag!

GREETINGS from Phuket,
Q.

PinayDiver
04-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi Q,
Nice to hear from a familiar letter :) I've been away too, a traitor to diving with the obligatory minor climbs to be ticked off, mainly to get used to the feeling of suffering on the route up Mt. Kinabalu :D
Is Bonaire just a gig or preparation to teach there for a longer period? I've gotten used to you being the Thai diving go-to resource person (you know, that sense of "I may -- or may not -- get around to diving Thailand but I know who to ask" :) )

Sarah
04-27-2008, 02:51 PM
It's nice to see you back again! :)

lottie
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Nice to have you back Quero. Have a great week in Bonaire. The dry season is here at last and it's been hot, hot, hot over the past couple of days - so i'm sure Bonaire has the same temps as us up here.

Quero
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Nice to have you back Quero. Have a great week in Bonaire. The dry season is here at last and it's been hot, hot, hot over the past couple of days - so i'm sure Bonaire has the same temps as us up here.

Guess I should check the weather report--but then I dunno... can't do much about it anyway; ticket's bought and paid for, hotel's booked... even if it rains or gets "cold" I'm going.

But it does make me wonder just how hot is hot. Here the rains have just begun, and the high temps are in the mid 90's still. It shouldn't get cooler again until September when the highs will only be in the mid-80's.

I'm preparing for cooler water than we typically have here, though, so a 5mm wetsuit is going in my gear bag!

Hey Lottie, why don't you come along to Bonaire? Not too far from you, and it's a trip for singles!

lottie
04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I doubt that you've got much to worry about in the way of weather over this side of the globe...i may not be a meteorologist, but i would say that the temps over here must be around the mid-80s F or higher.

I haven't been diving for a while, but i would guess that the water temps should be somewhere around 27C - This time of year a 3mil would be sufficient enough ;o)

I'd love to come down to Bonaire, but i'm off to the cold and wet and rainy England on Friday.