PDA

View Full Version : carry on

scuba smurf
04-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Just got back from a trip to FL. After all the horror stories regarding taking scuba lights, etc in carry on I was pretty nervous about going through security with cannister lights, regs, etc.. I must say though I was pleasantly suprised, although at every checkpoint they swabbed the bag, I had no problems at all. Mostly just usual curiosity about the strange looking cannister thingys and why so many regulators hehe. Hopefully it's a sign that the folks at these checkpoints are getting used to divers coming through.

Sarah
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Especially to scuba destinations......

firstdive2005
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
My flight boarding has been great leaving Edmonton, Canada. I have my checked baggage pre-screened and tagged by security so they wont repack it later crushed and broken. I have been thanked a couple of times as they hate to repack gear. Also I feel that my stuff wont walk away. My carry-on has been swabbed everytime, but they like to talk about scuba as I go by. That has been nice, kinda gets rid of the gitters of maybe being cav searched.

The Publisher
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I too have found that talking scuba settles them.....The reality is none of us fit the profile. When I approach TSA at the scanner I usually give them a heads up that there is weird scuba gear in the bag but sometimes I light heartedly challenge them to guess what's in the bag....then it becomes a fun game for them and breaks the monotony.