PDA

View Full Version : unsure if this is ok, looking to split gas in the keys or miami area. july08

popolarbear
04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
sorry to post this here, i am unsure were is most appropriate. im looking to find someone with a boat big enough to take me and some well behaving pals fishing and snorkling in the uper keys. one full day, id split or pay entirely the gas. im not looking to hire a full blown expensive guide, as i dont have that kinda money. but would like to find someone whos going out anyways, and has some extra room and interested in taking afew guests. july 08. (im not afraid of smaller boats also)

The Publisher
04-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Your fine PB, and welcome to the SMN community.

acelockco
04-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Hello popolarbear,

First off, I would like to welcome you to our community. I am glad to see you have jumped right in.

I noticed you posted asking about snorkeling spots and another about taking a boat out to some spots and I have a suggestion that I think will take care of all of your questions and much more. What you should do is find a few dive shops in the area you will be staying. Go to their web sites or call them up and inquire about snorkel trips. Many of the dive shops take snorkelers out on the dive boats with the divers that are going to shallow reefs. They usually charge about ½ of what they charge for the diver, so expect to pay somewhere between $25-$40 for a trip. Some places also offer snorkeler cruises where they serve food and drinks and take you to prime spots for an entire day of snorkeling, and that usually runs about $75-$100. I don’t know if they do that where you are going or not, but look into that as well. Just be sure to ask about how much time you will actually get to spend in the water before you decide to go.

Ace

Papa Bear
04-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Ace, thats some good advice! You are more than just a pretty face! :D :eek:

acelockco
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, you must not have seen my face then......;)

lars2923
04-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Ace, thats some good advice! You are more than just a pretty face! :D :eek:

Thats not Ace... It's his... Huh?! :-)