PDA

View Full Version : Editing with Apple Aperture

kathy4scuba1
04-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Does anyone out there have any experience using Aperture to edit your photos. I've used Photoshop, but Aperture is so much easier to use. Besides, I'm still waiting for Photoshop to work on my new Mac.

The Publisher
04-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the SMN Community.

Although I have Aperture, I use Photoshop for stills. On the forum here is a download for an automatic underwater correction filter for Photoshop.

Why doesn't Photoshop work on your new Mac? I am running the latest version of Leopard OS with no problems.

kathy4scuba1
04-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Maybe they only had the full version of Photoshop available for Leopard. They just released a version of Photoshop Express that works with Leopard.

I understand that older version of Aperture didn't have many editing capabilities. It looks like version 2 has a lot more capabilities. I'm just trying to decide if it makes sense to purchase it at $200.

The Publisher
04-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Kathy, buy a used version of Aperture on E-bay.

Apple's licensing agreement specifically allows a one time transfer and you even get to register the used software in your own name even though previously registered. This entitles you to auto-updates too.

I know this as I sold some of my Apple software and I called Apple customer service and they showed me right in the software licensing agreement where it authorizes a one time transfer.

Just make sure you do not buy the academic or non-retail version.