PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Manila!

stelarstel
03-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi guys!

im stel pineda, i just got certified a month ago and i am currently taking my advance open water classes at padi. ever since i got certified been going the dive spots of Anilao in the Philippines around 1-2 times a week,some times for a day trip, or overnight weekender. :) i only got a total of 19 dives up my sleeve, and one of em is a night dive, so you can say i'm pretty much a new diver. infact, i'm not yet complete when it comes to gears and stuff.. i still lack a regulator and a dive comp.. :)

i would like to get to know more people who are in my area who's also passionate about diving like i do, or whoever wants to join me and some of my dive friends sometime. :) we're very sociable and easy to be with. :) message me! oh!

and people who intend to go to manila to go diving, feel free to message me aswell :)

Sarah
03-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Stel, welcome to the SMN Community!

acelockco
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Stel,

Welcome, please take some time and read through some of the threads that you are interested in. Feel free to jump right into the conversation, input is always welcome. I am sure that you will find a ton of great information.

Also take a minute to fill out some information about yourself under the User CP Tab. You can also add photos if you have any.

Ace

lottie
03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Stel,
Welcome to our little space.
Good luck with your AOW, a whole new world awaits you.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions - no matter how silly it may sound, we were all at the same level as you at one time or another. I still think of myself as a new diver even now (I'm a rescue diver with 43 logged dives).

Just take it easy and enjoy the scenery :)

The Publisher
04-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Greetings Stel!

lars2923
04-01-2008, 02:13 AM
19 dive in 1 month..
Thats about 200 dives a year... OMG!
Go for it...

I've got to move to your part of the world...

stelarstel
04-01-2008, 03:48 AM
awesome you guys are all quick to reply! i love this site already

yeah, the only reason why i had 19 dives in 1 month is coz i've been diving every week! some of my friends say that i'm hooked and addicted to it already. i mean who wouldn't! i've been in this country since forever and it's only now that i've explored the underwater world how ironic is that? but i think i'm gonna be diving on a slower pace now since i'm running out of budget. for you foreigners/tourists, diving here in the philippines maybe cheap coz of the peso-dollar exchange rate. but for us Filipinos, it's not really that cheap coz our salary is dependent on the cost of living in this country. i'm only 22 and i've been working for about 6 months in this advertising company and to be honest it doesn't really pay as much compared if i worked abroad. still, i find means to dive :) it might be too early to say this but i consider it as my passion. also i love meeting new people and sharing experiences with them.

that's why i'm so psyched when dave told me he's coming here in the Philippines and that he's gonna have Philippine Paradise Divers group get together :) oh and i'm organizing it here.. hehe sort of..

jesicakalra
01-31-2011, 08:48 AM
manila is good for whcih type of diving?
please help me...

acelockco
02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
manila is good for whcih type of diving?
please help me...

SCUBA type diving.

The Publisher
02-04-2011, 12:26 AM
The only diving around Manila is either wreck diving in Subic Bay or clear water diving in Anilao which is 3 hours south of Manila.