PDA

View Full Version : New Guy On Forum

rustydiver
01-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Just Thought I Would Introduce My Self My Name Is Rob I Enjoy Breathdiving And Scuba Diving And Being In And Around The Water . I Live In Rockford,il And Drive 1 0r 2 X A Week To Lake Geneva To Breathdive.

Sarah
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi Rusty, and welcome!

I think our publisher is going to be attending the Our World Underwater Show in Chicago Ill., don't know how far that is to you.

So out of curiosity, what does "breathdive" mean?

rustydiver
01-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Good Question For Me It Means Solitude Seeing Lots Of Wildlife I May Not See On A 1 Hour Dive With A Group On A Boat. I Saw Whale Shark In Between Dives In The Philippines More Sea Turtles As Well. It Is Bit More Involved Than Snorkeling. I Do Not Beleive Many Scuba Shops Care For The Activity Related To It Being A Cheap Activity. I Currently Dive By My Self I Understand It Is A Big No No
Use 7mm Opencell Suit Stay Warm For 2.5 Hours Accept For Hands And Feet. I Do Not Push It Hard Seldom Dive Past 50 Feet Seldom Stay More Than A Minute. On Land Lying On Floor Can Breath Hold For 4:35 Walking 1:30. I Think I Saw Cliff On This Site He Is A Guru To Apneic Diving Look Forward To Reading His Posts. Thanks Dive Chick For Your Question. Wish I Could Go To The Rosemount For The Dive Expo However Work Prohibits. Rob

seasnake
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
How do you train for breath hold diving, RustyDiver? I've been more and more interested in this myself in the last couple years. I have done 50' without trouble, haven't really tried deeper.