PDA

View Full Version : I am back.

acelockco
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Hello all,

I am sorry I have not been around in a while. I had a major computer problem and was without a working computer for a while. I finally have my new computer up and running so I am now able to get online again.

It really sucks not having a computer/internet when you are so used to it.

Anyway it is great to be back,

Ace

Sarah
03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I TOLD you you should have bought a Mac!!!! ;)

littleleemur
03-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Computer problems? I thought (optimistically) you went diving.:p

So how about trip report anyways?:rolleyes:

Papa Bear
03-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome back! I thought you were just stunned into silence by all the brilliant posts?:rolleyes: :eek: :p

The Publisher
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I thought you were just stunned into silence by all the brilliant posts?

I hate it when people aren't talking about me! ;)

lottie
03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Ace - glad to have you back. I missed you! ;)

acelockco
03-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks all! It is nice to know I was missed.

Yea' maybe I should have bought a Mac, but that would have created all kinds of software issues, among other things.

I have been diving a few times over the winter, so you were kinda' right. I went down to Florida a few more times (man those Spirit Air deals are amazing). Obviously we really are enjoying Florida, so much so we are thinking about moving down there. The diving is just out of this world.

If anyone is considering diving the south east coast of Florida, check out Parrot Island Scuba. They are a dive boat charter business out of the Hillsboro Inlet (Ft. Lauderdale area). They have 2 really nice dive boats, and an amazing crew. I have been out with them a few times, and they make the trip very enjoyable and they bring you to SWEET diving spots.

Ace

seasnake
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Yo, Dude, glad you got your computer issues sorted out. What an excellent way to fix a computer ... buy another one!
Any pics from the Florida diving?

littleleemur
03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
<snip> What an excellent way to fix a computer ... buy another one!

well, depending on your surfing habits, it may be the only way....;)

So Seasnake, you got those rogue advertisers under control yet? ;) :D ;)

acelockco
03-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Yo, Dude, glad you got your computer issues sorted out. What an excellent way to fix a computer ... buy another one!

Well the problem was actually with the new computer. My old PC is still fine, but I gave it away when I bought my new one. Then the new one had the problems. We went through 2 power supplies, 3 mother boards, two processors and 2 video cards before everything worked. It finally came down to a defective processor, which is not too common.

hbh2oguard
03-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Well the problem was actually with the new computer. My old PC is still fine, but I gave it away when I bought my new one. Then the new one had the problems. We went through 2 power supplies, 3 mother boards, two processors and 2 video cards before everything worked. It finally came down to a defective processor, which is not too common.

sounds like fun:) but macs are way over priced, untill they are priced within reason I'll stick to my PC

seasnake
03-28-2008, 02:22 AM
So Seasnake, you got those rogue advertisers under control yet? ;) :D ;)

No, but I've been averting my eyes . . .