PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited....the bar will soon be open!

lottie
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm just soo excited and thought I'd let you guys in on my good news!

After finally getting my work permit sorted out (the last piece of the puzzle), We are now good to go to open the bar - the inaugural night is this coming friday.
Apart from having no time to think and making goodness knows how many lists and trying to sort out all the alcohol and other paraphenalia this week. Which includes a delivery of about 30 hard liquor bottles tomorrow (ranging from whiskeys to brandys to rums to cola to redbull) and picking up 25 crates of beer tomorrow. Things are looking good for friday being a good night.

Now, I just need to try and find sometime next week to do a spot of diving :D

Papa Bear
03-26-2008, 04:21 AM
If you would like I will give you the secret recipe for the ReedaRita Resorts have given me free room and board for it!;) It will sell out your stock fast, the bad thing is it will put your customers under the table:D PM me if you would like it;)

seasnake
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Well, here's hoping you have a good Friday night! Let us know how it goes.

acelockco
03-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Maybe some live music would be good for the big day, it will help you get the crowd in there. I am sure you can get a local band for cheap or even free.

lottie
03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Ace - most of the local bands around here (well, the ones that I know of) are of creole music. Not exactly the type of thing for a hip, young, funky bar :)

I haven't really got the space to have a DJ either, plus I'd have to spend EC$20 to get a loud music licence from the local police station, which'll take a week to process

hbh2oguard
03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
I haven't really got the space to have a DJ either, plus I'd have to spend EC$20 to get a loud music licence from the local police station, which'll take a week to process

Oh come on just bribe the cops that show up:D

littleleemur
03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

lottie
03-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh come on just bribe the cops that show up:D

well one of them was an ex, so maybe i can just *******************, you never know, that might work ;)

But, seriously though, I know a few of the police officers from the local station - it's a small town attitude here, everyone knows everyone else and what everyone's business is...which sometimes is a good thing, but sometimes can be a hindrance as well

shinek
04-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Hope the opening night goes well, we'll look forward to the post party reports.
When cash, time etc. permits, I'm sure some of us will come pay a visit.

lottie
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, the bar's now been open a week and so far it seems to be going quite well. Not exactly the number of customers that I thought I would - alot less actually - but its still early days and i'm sure word will get round over the coming weeks.

We're going to start doing some food as from next friday (Lucians love eating while they drink!!!), so hopefully that will get a good number of people down.

Plus, I haven't been diving in about 8 weeks (and no it's got nothing to do with my ears either) - but i'm going on Wednesday morning!!..can't wait!

So, when are you lot coming out??? ;)

Chantelle
04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Congrats Lottie.. Keep it up, I'm sure your numbers will grow. :)