PDA

View Full Version : Going to Hawaii in April

caymaniac
03-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Plans are to land in Oahu next week Thurs., one day. We are then headed to the Big Island for four days, to hopefully see the Mantas and then to Maui for 8 days

Will my 3mm be enough to keep me warm?

thalassamania
03-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Plans are to land in Oahu next week Thurs., one day. We are then headed to the Big Island for four days, to hopefully see the Mantas and then to Maui for 8 days

Will my 3mm be enough to keep me warm?It will be just fine.

Quero
03-26-2008, 12:44 AM

Will my 3mm be enough to keep me warm?

I would be cold in a 3 in Hawaii. I always take my 5, and in winter my 7.

It all depends on your tolerance and what you're used to. I dive all the time in very warm water, so if it's a bit cooler I'm uncomfortable and like to have more rubber.

thalassamania
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I would be cold in a 3 in Hawaii. I always take my 5, and in winter my 7.

It all depends on your tolerance and what you're used to. I dive all the time in very warm water, so if it's a bit cooler I'm uncomfortable and like to have more rubber.We were diving two days ago with no suits what-so-ever. A dash cold getting in, but fine after a minute or two, 45 minute dive, no problem.

Papa Bear
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Take a 5mm or 7mm you can always open it up, but you can't replace lost heat! Then you will be doing 1hr dives with no problem! The water will be in the mid 70s! Better to be warm than cold;) A lot depends on how many dives you will be doing as well?