PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dive related job.

cajunscuba
03-24-2008, 03:44 PM
A job where I would go out to a reef, take info/pics on the changes that are happening daily/weekly. Come back in, write a report.

This job should come with good pay, a 3br/2ba air conditioned home, private transportation, in a beautiful location, friendly to Americans, safe and secure and a nice boat to get me to the reef and back. Also would be an added plus if home came with private pool and a maid.

:)

littleleemur
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Rob a bank then move to Thailand or the Phillipines! :rolleyes:
Chauffeur, maid, house w/ pool are all very affordable. :)

Diverdaniel
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I actually know a few people that have made that dream come true.
give or take the maid and the pool :)

seasnake
03-24-2008, 07:13 PM
What a coincidence! I am looking for that job too!

cajunscuba
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
It's a Monday and I felt like dreaming :)

littleleemur
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I apparently made a client so much money that he got married, retired, & moved either to Thailand or the Phillipines. I think he owns & runs a fruit juice & icecream stand by the beach. :rolleyes: & has some sort of internet cafe set up on the main strip.

I should've upped my fee.

cajunscuba
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Well could you make me some of the money as well? let me know when it's ready for pickup.
Thanks

I apparently made a client so much money that he got married, retired, & moved either to Thailand or the Phillipines. I think he owns & runs a fruit juice & icecream stand by the beach. :rolleyes: & has some sort of internet cafe set up on the main strip.

I should've upped my fee.

The Publisher
03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Between the Philippines and Thailand, you could easily retire there on the equity from a home sale in the U.S.

acelockco
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a house to sell, how much do you really think you would need to retire in style there? Of course by style, I mean fairly modern house on the water (the intercoastal or bay is fine, need a boat dock) a decent car, and of course a nice dive boat.

We are thinking about selling and moving to the Florida Gold Coast, but retirement sounds like a nice idea!

The Publisher
03-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Pinoys, correct me if I'm off, but I believe the equivalent to $200-250K buys a nice house in the Phils, and housekeepers are about $5-10$ a day.

acelockco
03-28-2008, 04:47 PM
cajunscuba,

I know this is not your dream reef job, but if you want a job in scuba, I found something for you.....HAVE FUN!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zIp5SzoKY

hbh2oguard
04-04-2008, 06:09 AM
yea no thanks! and think all that ending up in the ocean.

acelockco
04-04-2008, 03:25 PM
LOL, I am so glad that someone watched that.

Too funny though, don't you think? It is kind of sad that someone actually has to do that job though. They need a heavy DUTY (LOL) ROV with a winch.

Mountain Dog
04-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not easily grossed out, but I have to say that this job comes very close to doing it.

The truly disgusting part is that he probably gets paid about ten bucks a day.

Mountain Dog