PDA

View Full Version : ScubaBill7 Getting to the Sunset Days

billy@scubaventure
03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I am going to Jamaica at the end of the month and I need a Dive operator for the day I am there. Four of us are on a cruise and this is one of the stops. Any suggestions other than a cruise line suggested operator will be welcomed. Carnival out of Galveston Tx. Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel are the stops on the way. I have been many times to Cayman and Cozumel but have not dove Jamaica. Thanks for your time. ScubaBill7, Shreveport, Louisiana

Papa Bear
03-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Do something else there like Dun's River Falls! The diving there sucks! No fish over 8" otherwise they catch it and its been eaten! The reef's are patchy and we as divers need to send them a message to get there act together before they loss it all! I will not spend dive money in a country that will not protect it's natural resources! They will never get the message if we keep their dive industry going!

dalehall
03-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I haven't dove there either, but I have climbed Dunn's River Falls and it was a great time!! We did the Dolphin Cove "Kiss a dolphin" tour and the falls climb. great day!! Although, if you do that you might want to skip going through "Voodoo Village" when you leave the Falls. That's a scary little market place to walk through..