PDA

View Full Version : Log Book Stamps

littleleemur
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I've noticed that N. Americans in general do not use log book stamps, unless you're a shop & it's your shop stamp. & even then many N. American shops don't have a dedicated logbook stamp.

On many international dive trips, the DMs, Instructors and fellow passengers all had their own dive stamps and there usually was a "logbook hour" where you would all hang out and sign each other's logbooks and buy T-shirts :p Some stamps were very memorable (a DM had a stamp with his unique tattoo on it) while others were just a stamp.

I personally like logbook stamps because it's a chance to create memories for our fellow divers (esp on vacations). But my usual dive buddy is a closet dive stamp user & only brings it out on vacations & almost only for our foreign friends :rolleyes:

So why don't many N. American's use log book stamps?

lottie
03-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I can only comment on the resort where I go (as its the one and only place i've dived at - so far!). A few of the DMs/Instructors have a stamp with their name, instructor number and a picture of a dolphin, so it's quite sweet (okay, a bit girlie I know) to have something different on my log book...

I really need to go and dive in some other places :rolleyes:

acelockco
03-26-2008, 05:46 AM
I have one, but I have never seen another diver with one in my life. Now maybe the reason is that they are not something sold here in the US. Of course you can get a custom stamp made really easily here, there are no companies that specifically target divers. I had to order mine from somewhere in europe, and had it sent over. I really like it, but it kind of sucks because no one else has them. It would be fun to have different stamps in my log book.

littleleemur
03-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi Ace! Where have you been diving the past few weeks?

I'll stamp your log book ;)

The stamps I have in my logbook bring back fond memories of dive vacations and new friends. The whole logbook ritual helps break the ice when trading contact info. We've gone diving again with quite a few of them.