PDA

View Full Version : Questions about wetsuit

xxchangwoo0120xx
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi. I'll ask about wearing wetsuit.

The subject is is it okay to not wear anything under wetsuit?

I'm 19-year-old boy.

I did experience diving 2 times. First, I wore swimsuit under wetsuit(I did it at pool). Another time, I didn't wear anyting under wetsuit because I didn't bring a swimsuit(I did it at ocean). I wore 5mm one-piece long-sleeve and long-pants wetsuit.

The latter(naked under wetsuit) was far comfortable for me. I'll not wear under wetsuit: I naked under wetsuit.

By the way, some people said I have to wear swimsuit under wetsuit. But other people said I don't need to wear a swimsuit under wetsuit. I asked about that to instructor. The instructor said
ㆍI don't need to. Just wearing wetsuit, not wear anything(even swimsuit) under wetsuit is more comfortable. Most boys do that besides some girls don't wear anything, even swimsuit under wetsuit when they wear a wetsuit.

Is it okay to wear nothing under wetsuit?
ㆍby 3mm, 5mm, 7mm

If okay, just for boys or both boys and girls?

And wearing swimsuit under wetsuit is more comfortable? Or naked under wetsuit is more comfortable?

And what to wear under semi-dry and lycra skin?

Thank you.....

======================
- Questions -
ㆍIs it okay not wear swimsuit under wetsuit when I wear wetsuit?
ㆍIf wearing just a wetsuit, not wear anything under it is okay, is it okay just for boys or also apply for girls?
ㆍWhat wear under lycra skin?
ㆍWhat wear under semi drysuit?
ㆍIf I must wear a swimsuit under wetsuit, what function a swimsuit/speedo/bikini is?

Papa Bear
03-11-2008, 02:24 AM
That's why god made speedos! So when you get out of it on board and your not on a nude cruise your junk will still be in your trunks! ;) :eek: :cool:

h2odragon1
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I wear a dive skin. It helps to get the wetsuit on and off, and can provide a little extra warmth, (hotskin).

littleleemur
03-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Well, it all depends on whether you own the wetsuit or not :eek:

& if anyone would mind if you flash them :eek:

Otherwise do what is most comfortable for you & considerate to others.:)

hbh2oguard
03-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Nothing or speedos. Surfing I wear nothing a little more comfortable and the suit is easier to get on and off than my dive suit. Under my dive suit I normally wear speedos because then I don't have to worry about towel changing out of it.

Papa Bear
03-12-2008, 03:21 AM
I wear a Binnie. It keeps in more warmth. When surfing I wear nothing. Hang 11!

hbh2oguard
03-12-2008, 03:48 AM
haha I don't know if it counts surfing unless you're in trunks:)

Papa Bear
03-12-2008, 04:00 AM
I carry my board on the roof, not in the trunk! LONG boards make it easier to hang 11!

hbh2oguard
03-12-2008, 04:08 AM
ok I don't think you got it... board shorts... hang loose....hang 11:) BTW I only long board!

Papa Bear
03-12-2008, 04:16 AM
;) I got it! Just could leave it!:D :rolleyes: ;)

hbh2oguard
03-12-2008, 04:31 AM
oh I thought you would have gotten it but your reply was just a little confusing:)

Papa Bear
03-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Just like me!;) Hard to get and confusing! Lots of years of practice!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

dalehall
03-12-2008, 01:15 PM
One thing you want to consider is where you will be diving. If you are in area that has facilites and you can change in private, going "commando" in a wetsuit is fine. But, if you dive a place, say like Morrison Spring, which, at the time of this writing, has NO facilites at all, then you you will be getting out of your wetsuit in front of a bunch of people or cramped up in the back seat of your car. The former of might get you a ticket. :) I wear a rash guard shirt and shorts under my wetsuits. They help in donning and offing, but they also allow me to change anywhere without having to worry about offending the people in my general area also. :D