PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Arizona

RAWalker
03-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi I'm Rob.
Although I grew up on Long Island, New York and always loved the water I didn't start diving until a year ago at age 44. I've lived out here in the desert for going on 7 years now. I do dive the local lakes to keep in practice but prefer warm water diving and exotic locations. I got hooked on diving 2 years ago while on a Tahitian cruise. I took a discovery scuba dive in Bora Bora and new I wanted to continue exploring the underwater world. I've since dived in Aruba, San Carlos Mexico and Lake Pleasant and Saguaro lake in Arizona. During the past year I achieved PADI's Advanced openwater certification along with specialties in Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE, Equipment Specialty and Enriched Air Diver. For 2008 I plan to continue my education and travels. I presently have plans to return to San Carlos in 2 weeks. In April I will be visiting in Florida I'll be staying in Ft Lauderdale where I plan to catch a few dives. In May I'll be spending a week in Cabo San Lucas diving as much as I can.
It's always good to find another community of divers and I hope I'll be able to contribute to it.

Sarah
03-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi Rob, welcome to the SMN Community!

The Publisher
03-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Welcome Rob.

When in Cabo, avoid the dive site "Sand falls"...but whatever you do, try to get to the famed Gordo Banks. Everything else there pales. Cabo Pulmo is a decent dive too. Everything else there is so-so.

Avoid lovers beach....whoever named that crowded place must have been either into the group thing, voyeurism or both. ;)

Make sure you devise a way to deal with all the hawkers. I find the best way is just before they go to say something, I myself try to sell them time shares, golf, fishing, painted plates or chiclets.