PDA

View Full Version : have you filled in your profile?

lottie
03-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Are you Scared? Shy? Didn't realise? Have a big diving secret? didn't know how to do it? didn't realise you have a profile? A spammer in disguise?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this with my moderator's hat on, just my normally loopy lottie persona. And yes, I have had a look a few profiles on here, it's interesting to see what people put down, whether funny or serious and gives more of a 3D effect onto a 2D forum. To know a bit about yourself and what type of diving you do..nothing too personal, nor giving too much information away about who you really are.

Apart from Ace, who can get a bit mad sometimes - in the funny sense - just thought I'd add that in before he flames me ;) , DaddyH2O who flirts alot, iDiveChick who's an alien in disguise, The Pub who's the Wizard of Oz of SMN, BamaCaveDiver who has a really weird nickname to do with being grumpy that i've now forgotten and a few other people that regularly frequent themselves on here - we're not a bad bunch of people (honestly, really...we're not) :D

It'll probably take you the same amount of time to update your profile as it would to display the NewPosts page from the link at the top or to scroll through the main menu..

so, why haven't you updated your profile ;)

BamaCaveDiver
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
I thought about reverting back to spook mentality and giving a smart@$$ answer (we would tell you, but then they would have to bury you), but since it is you and you asked nice (and I am bored and my neuropathy has eased up considerably) I went back and updated mine. Did they by chance do something that changed the fields around? Surely I could not have made the number of mistakes I found (wrong answers in most fields.)

I tried to list the meaning of the nickname as a custom user title, but the field was too short. Again since you asked nicely. it's Grumpy old b@$t@rd with all the scars. I was passing along some info about my favorite cave one day to a young pup who swore he had met me there but was having problems placing me...he finally put it all together and said oh yeah you're that gobwats dude. I loved it and it did seem to0 fit me to a Tee

hbh2oguard
03-02-2008, 01:02 AM
yea there is something messed up because I filled it out a while back and everything is in the wrong places. BTW bama I like your signature quote.

BamaCaveDiver
03-02-2008, 03:48 AM
I saw the Dave Sutton quote on RBworld in a thread about solo diving recently; after it degraded into the usual internet squabble, he said that just came to him. I gave him some green telling him it had to be the best statement I had ever seen in a diving forum.

Have you translated the Latin yet? It's from Ambrose Bierce: I think that I think, therefore I think that I am.

hbh2oguard
03-02-2008, 04:09 AM
I had not, thanks for the translation:)

The Publisher
03-02-2008, 06:18 AM
The Pub who's the Wizard of Oz of SMN

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!! ;)

BamaCaveDiver
03-03-2008, 02:52 AM
...Apart from Ace, who can get a bit mad sometimes - in the funny sense - ...

Speaking of ace, where has he been lately? I miss his unique outlook on things. I hope he has not taken one of those cheap flights and wound up stuck on some strange island somewhere in the middle of the Pacific:eek:

lottie
03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
ROFLMAOPMSL @Bama..that's a good one.....

I did wonder why it was a bit quiet around here ;)

and wound up stuck on some strange island somewhere in the middle of the Pacific
Are you referring to the island in Lost....{cue the lost themetune}

BamaCaveDiver
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
ROFLMAOPMSL @Bama..that's a good one.....

I did wonder why it was a bit quiet around here ;)

Are you referring to the island in Lost....{cue the lost themetune}

Yeah, I have become somewhat of an addict since they got away from the plane crash itself and started focusing more on outright weirdness.

lottie
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah..i'm just wondering how they are going to finish the series. They had the first episode of S4 down here, but haven't shown any episodes since....and i'm getting withdrawal symptoms! Oh well, I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD later on in the year <deep sigh> :(

seasnake
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I love that show!! :) Wait til you see this season! It's crazy! ha ha

BamaCaveDiver
03-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I love that show!! :) Wait til you see this season! It's crazy! ha ha

Yeah, this is the season where the weirdness really gets cranked up.

thalassamania
03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
The field lengths are a bit limiting.

BamaCaveDiver
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
The field lengths are a bit limiting.

I noticed that as well, and I doubt I have no where near as much to fill them with as you do ;)

thalassamania
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
I noticed that as well, and I doubt I have no where near as much to fill them with as you do ;)I tried to cut and paste my entries from some other boards, and they were quite truncated.

Sarah
03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Let us know what we need to do and it will get done. :)