PDA

View Full Version : monetary exchange rates

lottie
02-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I thought i'd ask you guys about this - as you seem a good bunch and with some intellect between you all ;) ;)

I'm in the middle of trying to sort out going back to the UK in May and was wondering whether it's going to be better to exchange my EC$ to US$ first, then exchange to UK Pounds (the exchange rate between the EC and US is fixed) or whether it's better to exchange directly from EC$ to UK Pounds.

I've already done this on XE.com, but it works out about the same price for the two (okay, 21 pence difference!)

What do you lot think???

The Publisher
02-29-2008, 03:53 AM
I think you've already done the math! If you for some reason exchange for Dollars, don't hold onto them long, the dollar will continue to fall.

hbh2oguard
02-29-2008, 05:53 AM
I agree, hopefully that will change by the end of the year once there is someone else in charge. A trip I was planning to go on, which I might still go on, to Moorea has increased by over a thousand dollars from a year and a half ago.

BamaCaveDiver
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I would like to think my time to do the double transaction is worth a bit more than 21p, got to be worth at least 25p:p Plus what has already been said about the weak US dollar, I would avoid the hassle myself.

The Publisher
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
hopefully that will change by the end of the year once there is someone else in charge.

I don't think the Federal Reserve Chairman has any plans to resign! ;)

hbh2oguard
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't think the Federal Reserve Chairman has any plans to resign! ;)

ok you got me there:) hopefully our whole economy will get a boost and start heading in the right direction with that change, that's all I'll say:D